Various questions about the Incredible

tiff8902

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
1. How do I ignore the notification noise when I get a text message or call?
2. I have my contacts synced with their Facebook profiles but since I got the phone about 2 weeks ago and originally did the sync, their pictures and status no longer update within my contact list.
3. How do I get rid of factory installed apps? I don't really care about news or stocks and I see them running so I want to just get rid of them altogether.
4. Where do I go in settings for it to update my phone?

That's all I can think of right now. Thank you for your help.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
1. How do I ignore the notification noise when I get a text message or call?
2. I have my contacts synced with their Facebook profiles but since I got the phone about 2 weeks ago and originally did the sync, their pictures and status no longer update within my contact list.
3. How do I get rid of factory installed apps? I don't really care about news or stocks and I see them running so I want to just get rid of them altogether.
4. Where do I go in settings for it to update my phone?

That's all I can think of right now. Thank you for your help.

1. On an incoming call if you hit the end key it will mute your ringtone. For SMS open Messages>Menu>Settings Disable Notification sounds

2. Menu>Accounts & Sync>FB for HTC Sense> Make sure contact sync is enabled

3. You need to be rooted to remove the crapware

4. Menu>Settings>About>System Updates

tiff8902

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
2. For the Facebook thing I did the update but they still didn't update.
3. I downloaded the app to do the rooting thing but I'm not really sure what to do once I have it.

jlbusch

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you're not sure what to do to root, don't do it. If you can't troubleshoot the phone you could end up in big trouble with a brick for a phone.

netw0rks

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
For the Facebook sync I had that exact same problem. The only way to get the profile pictures to update was to remove Facebook for HTC sense from accounts and sync and then re-add it.

The issue was fixed when I updated to 2.2 froyo.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
For the Facebook sync I had that exact same problem. The only way to get the profile pictures to update was to remove Facebook for HTC sense from accounts and sync and then re-add it.

The issue was fixed when I updated to 2.2 froyo.

Nice addition! I forgot about removing the account and then re-adding it. ;)

tiff8902

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
What is this froyo? I keep reading about it but I have no idea what it does. How do I re-add Facebook to the sync once I remove it? Sorry if I'm being a pain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance