How to remove VCast garbage

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Since the Froyo update every time I connect my phone to PC the stupid Vcast opens up and FC's the program and I am unable to move files as I used to be able to do. How do I remove the Vcast so that when I connect my phone this will not open? :mad:

wstevenj

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I just did an uninstall. I am a new Incredible user and am just figuring out my phone. I downloaded V Cast Media Manager, figuring it would be an easy way to sync music. I was so wrong. I found I could sync better with Windows Media Player 11. I just deleted V Cast from my pc then I deleted the app from the phone.

johnhboyd

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out how to enter the password. When the little popup is visible, I try to type 000000 using the keyboard, but nothing happens.

alphatectz

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
First- are you rooted?
Second- if so, install root explorer from market, make sure you have super user
Third- give Root Explorer SU permission.
Forth- open Root Explorer, and search for vcast
Fifth- delete apk and any other vcast files
Six- your now done

johnhboyd

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
To disable the CDROM / Install prompt from activating everytime you connect to your computer, try this.

Hope this helps.

Tried that, but my phone wouldn't let me insert the 000000 password. Keyboard didn't work.

So, I gave up. Installed V-Cast and then removed it.

gypsy76#AC

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
wow this worked like a charm! idk if it was a delay with the vcast BS, but the autoplay folder options were up in a second. thanks for the help. i hated that vcast Sh9t........

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
worked like a charm for me too...i would have installed it but my computer wasn't compatible so when i was able to get rid of that pop up it became a huge blessing for me

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
First- are you rooted?
Second- if so, install root explorer from market, make sure you have super user
Third- give Root Explorer SU permission.
Forth- open Root Explorer, and search for vcast
Fifth- delete apk and any other vcast files
Six- your now done

+1 for all the rooted people.

kloponline

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It worked. The reason johnhboyd couldn't enter the zero's is because there is a little pop up message under the dialoge box describing how to close the keyboard. You need to close that little message and then you will be able to enter the zero's.

TekNiKal

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
finally worked

I have tried this sooo many times and it didn't work. It finally worked this last time I tried it. I typed everything exactly the same. There has to be a way to remove apps that you don't want either without rooting. VZW filling my phone with apps and making things prompt and load automatically is starting to piss me off. It sounds like a possible lawsuit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173