App to SD... any benefit?

prich3#AC

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So I have a pretty basic question for you all. I have app to sd installed on my Dinc ans have been wanting to use it but am not exactly sure what its effect will be. Is there really any benefit to putting apps on the sd card? I feel as though it will take the phone longer to access them. If it is a benefit, which apps should be pushed over/how do I decide which to send to SD and are there any that should not be? Thanks for the help everyone!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I think ideally every app would be able to be stored on your sd card but not every app is written to be stored there. But if they were, you could have LOADS of apps on a 32gb SD card rather than the fixed 8gb of phone storage that came with the phone.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
long as you have at least a class 4 card shouldnt be an issue but the only benefit is more space

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't bother installing a live wallpaper on your sd card. It won't hurt anything but everytime you reboot the phone you have to set it back up again.

Like others have said, it simply saves space, pretty much it. If you have a ton of apps, this could be useful. If you only use a few, not so much.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yea the real reason this became popular was on devices like the original droid which had small app storage space so it allowed users to open that up more most new devices have a lot more storage for apps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton