Help with Yahoo mail...

dixiehuntr

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello all...first real post on these forrums. I am a BB Storm 1 convert over to the Dinc. So far loving it. Having a couple of issues here so any help would be great. First off I had to get a new phone a couple of days ago after having some issues with an error message and a forceclose issue. Originally I had the Yahoo mail client but never seemed to get alerted when new mails came in. So upon getting the new phone I tried using the native HTC Mail Client. Signed in and it worked fine as far as getting my emails were concered. However, the next mornigng I tried to send/forward an email and it wouldnt work. It said that I needed to verify the account or something like that. Upon entering my information and going through all that it gave me a typical screen name/password incorrect error pop up. I typed it again and still the same thing. I went to the itnernet and logged in fine. So I deleted the account and tried to set it up. Still the same error message. Tried a battery pull and the same thing. Well upon doing this I tried a factory reset. Upon the set up process coming along, it gave me the same user error when I tried to add the account. So now that this has occured I dont know what to do. Was wanting to try out the native HTC Mail CLient without having to download something. I read somewhere where someone suggested changing my location to Asia in the Yahoo mail acocunt and it would allow mail forwarding without Yahoo Plus. Tried that but there are several asia locations and I wasn't sure if I was doing it right or not.

Also is there a way to set up my emails so that when I delete them I can do it off of the phone, server or both like on the BB?

Thanks for the insight on this all. Usually can figure these things out but this one has me stumped!

dixiehuntr

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Just to add to this got off the phone with Tech Support and they were no help whatsoever...guy was telling me to change my password on the computer even though I'd already done that before. So who knows...anyone with thoughts let me know...thanks

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
go back

Go back to the yahoo email client and resign to the fact that you won't get notified with every single email, it is freeing in some ways really.

I went from pearl to curve to tour and was religious about getting emails as SOON as they arrived. Then my husband says....it is really that important to get your Micheals, Staples and Sweet Tomatoes emails??

The yahoo client works off and on, but they come out with new versions here and there and know the issues.

Just my 2 cents.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd go back to the Yahoo Email client too. I noticed that if I reboot the phone, I'd have to start the client. After that, I get notifications for all emails.

With the native client, do you have WiFi turned on? I used to get password issues whenever I used it and WiFi was turned on. I'm not sure if they fixed it after the latest update, but you may want to try to turn WiFi off if you want to stick with the native client.

Last edited:

dixiehuntr

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. Will do. And by the way the wi-fi thing off thing doesn't work. Back to the Yahoo! Mail client so oh well. Nbd. Thanks.

Last edited: