Charger falling out of port

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I've just had this problem pop up in the past few days but the charger cord is just dropping out of my Incredible pretty easily. Anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure if I should go in to Verizon or what. I've had the phone since the end of June.

Thanks, allison.

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about taking it in the to the store but I didn't know if they replaced it if the screen would be different, or even if that would matter. I haven't been keeping up to date with the forums but when I was waiting for my phone to arrive there was a lot of talk about it.

What do you guys think? Really my only reservation about attempting to get it replaced is if the screen is going to be lesser quality.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the USB port is "broken" in that the spring that holds in the plug is either sprung or broken. Unfortunately you're looking at a replacement.

Since you're at 4 months it should be covered under the 1 year warranty.

I think I read somewhere that were replacing AMOLED with AMOLED where possible. Not sure where I read it though.

Hope this helps.

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd update. After a couple of days this went from a problem that I could easily deal with to a pain in the butt. It got the point where the chord would hardly stay in the phone, and any slight shift would make the phone unable to charge and I would have to readjust it on the table.

I went into Verizon, showed them the problem and they're sending a new one. There was no line and I was in the store for 10 minutes tops for the whole process. Phone should arrive Monday I'm guessing/hoping.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I read also that if you orginally had an AMOLED screen they would send you AMOLED screen as its replacement as well, :) so I'm guessing thats what you will get .

Kevogorman01

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi Allison, I had an HTC 816 that worked well for 16 months, the phone itself is still great, but same as you the charger connection slips out very easily. I still rate the phone but have had to replace it with another brand.