Certified Pre-Owned

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with a certified pre-owned Incredible? I am thinking I want to go with it as I can get it for $50 less than new, but I was wondering what other's experiences were. Thanks for the assistance.

jiggaman

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
As long as it has the same warranty as new, I would do it. My replacement Incredible is better than my original new one.

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
What made it better? The store tells me the warranty is only 90 days, but I do carry the insurance, so it is covered no matter what. Did you have to install Froyo on it or did it come with it?

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
if you carry the insurance then go for it. I know my insurance is a $90 dollar deductible. However what your missing out on without buying new is a one year warranty against software and manufacturers defects, from my experience with my blackberry, this also includes the battery.

Those seem to be the only draws to buying new. When you buy new you also have a 30 day period to return the phone for another one if you don't like it, say trade the dinc for an x. The only drawback is there is a $35 restocking fee. I'm not sure if you can do that if you buy pre-owned. I would definitely check that out though. I personally traded my fascinate for a dinc and couldn't be happier. If i didn't have that return period idk what i would have done

jiggaman

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine came with Froyo. If you have insurance, I say go for it. It is a well made phone. The only reason I got a new one was because one of my led lights went out.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Buddy just picked up a refurbished and the camera didn't work. Every refurbished phone I've received no matter make, modek, or carrier has had flaws. How do you test a product? You turn it on place test call and basic functions.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with a certified pre-owned Incredible? I am thinking I want to go with it as I can get it for $50 less than new, but I was wondering what other's experiences were. Thanks for the assistance.

I received a certified pre-owned Incredible after sending in my original Incredible for a blown out speaker. The pre-owned Incredible has no flaws that I've seen so far... I've had it for a couple of months.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried buying anything through the ads but here is my .02 worth. Guessing at your occupation by your name you will carry the total equipment coverage on the phone if you buy it. You would have to be suicidal to not if you are using it in the field. As long as they let you carry the total coverage then buy the certified like new device. I bought a new one and then it had to be replaced with a like new. The first one I got didn't work but the second one has been flawless so far. The coverage extends the warranty for the life of the phone. You have issues then you call or go in and viola it is taken care of. You do something that isn't covered by the warranty and you pay your deductible to assurion and you get another phone. You have to go through Verizon in order to be eligible for the total equipment coverage but hey it'll give you the phone you want so go for it. I am not sure but I would bet that it still has a least some period of if you don't like it bring it back and we will figure out something to it to.

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, and yes I do carry the coverage. I have had a Storm, and REALLY want to make this transition, I was just trying to see if there was a way to do it cheaper (it would make the wife happy, which makes me happy! LOL). Thanks for the input, and I guess I am going to go this route now. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance