Downgraded back to 2.1... will I get 2.2 again?

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I received the 2.2 update, but it didn't solve my bluetooth problems that I had with 2.1. I rooted, but then got a low memory warning (which wasn't accurate). Drove me nuts, so I re-rooted and downgraded back to 2.1 in the process.

The good news? My bluetooth problems are fixed!! Woohoo!

Problem: I don't have the Froyo goodness of 2.2 anymore.

My system menu says I'm "up to date". So, I'm just waiting for my phone to tell me there's 2.2 available. Will I? Because I got it once, will it not re-offer it to me? If it's only a matter of waiting a few days for VZW to send me the update, I'm ok with that, but... what if it won't come?

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you should see a notice pushed to your phone that an update is available. I went from a leaked 2.2 back to stock 2.1 and got the notice within a few hours, if I remember correctly.

If you can't wait, check out this link to manual update instructions

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-update-your-incredible-froyo

Thank you very much for that info.

You said you got your notice in a few hours. It's been over a day for me-- no update yet. I see the firmware version says "2.1-update1". I don't remember my Incredible saying that before.

Could it be that I installed a firmware meant for another phone? If so, will it mess up me getting the proper Froyo, or getting Froyo at all?

I may just do the manual thing anyway...

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Seems like the only major "advantage" of rooting is the "cool" factor.
Other than that, it just offers a great way to screw up the phone..

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I didn't root to be "cool"... I did it to remove bloatware, do backups via Titanium, and MAYBE install a ROM.

In either case, I decided to manually upgrade to 2.2 (I read OTA upgrades can be more buggy). The good news is that it went great AND the bluetooth still works great. But... no Market app! WTF? Why? I had it before 2.1!

I Googled and the solution is to do a hard reset. Well, there goes the email accounts and syncing I had just set up.

Post-hard reset, the phone is working great. Android Market link is back, bluetooth is great, and the phone is rockin. I rooted using unrevoked3, and it works great, too.

Done and done!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis