When I try to delete a particular thread in the messaging app, the app freezes until I restart my phone. Any messages sent to me during this time won't show up even after the restart. Does anyone know why this happens or if there's any remedy to it?
    10-26-2010 07:09 PM
    Happens to me as well when I delete a huge thread, but mine doesnt glitch for that long. I just let it sit for a minute and it works fine.
    10-27-2010 10:24 AM
    Same issue here.. never had it freeze up for more than a minute or so though.
    10-27-2010 03:15 PM
    The best way I have found to deal with this is with an app called Delete old messages. It is free. Basically it allows you to delete however many messages you want. It still take a long time to delete them, but at lease you can see how it is progressing and you can cancel it at any time to continue deleting messages later.
    10-27-2010 07:10 PM
    i had this problem last night with handcent. my phone would reboot itself cuz it got over loaded. instead of just deleting it and going thru that whole mess again, i long pressed and went to force delete. it took some time, but worked like a charm with no reboot.
    10-27-2010 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD