Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the Incredible still worth getting?

is the droid incredible still worth getting this late in its life cycle? i really like htc sense and im not really interested in the incredible hd because i really dont want a phone that big.

ROM
    unrooted

I think so...that's the only problem with android...people think that if a newer phone comes out that their phone is now dead and gone...when that's not the case...if the phone suits your needs...why not get it? There are still people with iphone 3g and 3gs that are perfectly fine...and I see bb curve 8300 all the time...

Sent from my evo using Tapatalk

I just got mine last Friday and love it. They dropped the price as well.
    icu

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1

Been waiting for an Inc. + a keyboard which is why the Merge sounds so nice. Just got offer to buy an Inc. for $100. Is a kb worth $100? Struggling to decide.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

Unless you want a keyboard or front facing camera, the Incredible is a killer device. I haven't even been tempted by another phone since I got mine on launch day. I'm running a custom ROM that lets me see hulu and wireless tether. There's nothing the Incredible can't do.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd skip this phone if you're comparing it to an equal model with a keyboard. So many thingd I wish I could do.
    icu

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by grapeplasma View Post
    Just my 2 cents, but I'd skip this phone if you're comparing it to an equal model with a keyboard. So many thingd I wish I could do.
    Hi grapeplasma. I appologize but am a bit confused by your message. What are the many things? Do you think it is foolish of me to make this comparison? really want to know - posted to get opinions from knowledgabl folks. Thanks.

hi, I'm actually on the phone right now and its an awful experience typing this message. I'm actually pretty fast at typing but a real keyboard would be great. ROM emulators usually suck because they aren't multitouch. Also the optic sensor is useless because u have to move your finger to much to scroll anything.

feels like that with a keyboard on one of these things, who needs a laptop?

hi, I'm actually on the phone right now and its an awful experience typing this message. I'm actually pretty fast at typing but a real keyboard would be great. ROM emulators usually suck because they aren't multitouch. Also the optic sensor is useless because u have to move your finger to much to scroll anything.

feels like that with a keyboard on one of these things, who needs a laptop?
    Just put swype on there and then you'll enjoy typing with a touch screen more
    icu

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1

Ok, I gotcha - yeah I've been waiting for a VZW Android with a good kb (shame the Droid/2 kbs are so subpar). This will take some thinking because I've I've always like the D. Inc. and nearly bought it at launch. I guess I've been waiting so long it's hard to think about going back to this - I could have been enjoying it all this time!

I'm 6-2 240 lbs and use a dinc with Swift key keyboard and it works great. You need to try one out for yourself to make the best decission.

Also the optic sensor is useless because u have to move your finger to much to scroll anything.
    Are you running Android 2.2? When 2.1 was on my Dinc the optical joystick was slow and pretty useless. With the 2.2 update, it's much faster, responsive and all around more useful.
    Droid Incredible

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I would purchase the incredible if I did not already have it ,no major issues with my dinc at this time .

STILL the best phone out there. Great memory, 8 mp camera, runs the latest OS, fastest processor. If you don't need a physical keyboard, it's still the best option, IMHO.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now.

I always thought I would get a phone with a keyboard after having the EnV, but I played around with the Inc kb and I didn't mind it. After having the phone for several months now, I don't miss the physical kb at all. SwiftKey works really well and SlideIt is another option for those who don't want to type individual letters. Also, I've been trying out the 8pen kb (it's new, check out the other topic on it), and it's growing on me. I've only been using it for about a day (since it's release) and it actually makes sense using it. The only problem for me right now is I don't always remember where each letter is and have to stop, but once I use it for a while, I feel like this won't be a problem.

In summation, I love not having the extra bulk of a physical kb.

If you can wait till the holidays get closer, there will be new phones coming out. The new INC HD looks pretty sweet. I am eligibe now for upgrade now and am waiting, I don't think there is anything better out at this time. Maybe? The facsinate, but I think they killed that with BING
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

If I didn't have a phone I would buy the Dinc without even a consideration of any other phone model. For me the Incredible is perfect size and performance.

Default In short...yes.

IMHO the Incredible is still highly competitive. I have friends who have pretty much every Android on Verizon, from original to X to Fascinate. None make me want to change out the Incredible. DInc is the right size, is as fast or faster than any other Droid currently on the market and is highly stable. (check the forums on the X) And in no way shape or form am I going to buy a phone that defaults to Bing! Sense is definitely the best skin on Android, very fast. FYI: For longer messages I augment typing with voice recognition and also use Swift. Nexus 2 is the only phone on the horizon with any interest to me if it will allow me to run generic Android on day one release. Though HTC is getting quicker w/ integrating Sense into new updates...

ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

If you're really into a keyboard, check out the forum for the HTC Merge and check out Phil's hands-on. I got the OG Droid last December, and my girlfriend got the DInc about a week after launch. The Dinc is a great phone and even though I got it for the keyboard, I would love to trade my Droid for it to this day.

When the Incredible HD comes out though, that'll be a different story.

The Fascinate is the only phone I would have considered over the Incredible, but when I went to get the Fascinate they didn't have any in stock, so I checked out the Inc and decided it would be fine. I've had it just over a month and I'm enjoying it. I like the form factor and HTC Sense is cool.
    icu

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1

I think I could be happy with the DInc. - the only thing it lacks is the kb and by all accounts that becomes less of an issue once you get used to the the on-screen options (and there's like 3 or 4 good ones to choose from)

My only concern right now is that - although I've read extensively on the issue and either has it's +s and -s - I would prefer the OLED screen. I'd rather have the rich colors and dark blacks and it seems that (contrary to logic) the OLED screens are better on battery life vs. SLCD. I understand the SLCD does more accurate color reproduction and is sharper. Either would be good, but the OLEDs I've seen are just preferable to me.

I am going to look into it - but what are the chances that I could find an OLED DInc. at this point?
    Last edited by icu; 11-03-2010 at 02:26 PM.

I don't see the facination with a keyboard. you have speech to text on this phone so why would you be typing text, just speak! this phone has awesome features so why not use them?

ROM
    Warm Z Twopointtwo RLS1

Ive had the original droid, the droid x, and the fascinate. I now have the d incred.. and love the phone. love the size. screen. joystick is there but who cares works when i click to snap a picture. I used launcher pro because i like the extra dock at the bottom, and it gives you some of the same sense ui widgets. I agree with everyone who says you will use the text to speech. I use it all the time and its usually right on the money. I love the droid x for the size when i use it for navigation in my car or letting my 4 yr old watch a movie. but it felt like i was holding an ipad to my head. the fascinate is not much smaller in size. oh and the droid x has tons of issues on 2.2.. music player problems, reboots on its own, email doesnt always sync.

I came from a blackberry and thought I would have an issue with a touch screen kb, but in less then a month I was typing emails almost as fast as I was on my Tour. And as other have said voice to text is amazing. I can write a test message with one touch of a button. Also there are so many custom keyboards out there you'll find one you like.

I have to give the nod to DINC over fascinate. Although Samsung did a great job with the phone the best they could offer was a great screen. Consider the fact the INC came out in Feb/Mar and is still highly competitive and arguably the best device thus far in the VZW lineup, speaks volumes on how great the phone is. It was well before the nine month mark before the Original Droid became yesterday's news. Going with the INC today is still a good move. I know the next issue of phones are on the horizon but if you like the INC it will remain an admirable device at least for another 12 months...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast