MD5 Mismatch? Please help!

Goodness

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I was running Virtuous 3.1. I tried to flash a theme that obviously didn't mix well, so I went to restore in Recovery. I've done this a bunch of times, but for some reason, its' not working. I get a prompt that says MD5 Mismatch!

I have read that I may need to rename the backup, but how do I do that while in Recovery Mode. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Try to wipe data and cache then reboot without doing a restore and see if that works. If that doesn't let you boot up do you have another backup you can restore to?

Goodness

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I actually was able to rename my backup, and that seemed to do the trick. I thought I bricked my phone for a moment...

anon(77554)

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have learned that if you rename the back up using () [] or {} you will get an MD5 mismatch. I rename the backup folder with the rom i am using and I haven't had a problem.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have learned that if you rename the back up using () [] or {} you will get an MD5 mismatch. I rename the backup folder with the rom i am using and I haven't had a problem.

I finally figured the reason for sure to explain the MD5 Mismatch error... Remove all spaces in the file folder name..

I tested this and verified, any spaces in the name will cause this error and all you have to do to fix is rename without spaces or just remove spaces from name,

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem right now. I'm trying to restore a fairly old system image (from a couple days ago) and keep getting an MD5 mismatch. The backup folder is simply named "virtuous". Any one have any idea why this may be happening?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I was running Virtuous 3.1. I tried to flash a theme that obviously didn't mix well, so I went to restore in Recovery. I've done this a bunch of times, but for some reason, its' not working. I get a prompt that says MD5 Mismatch!

I have read that I may need to rename the backup, but how do I do that while in Recovery Mode. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The same thing happened to me today! Same ROM. I was trying out redemption, and tried to go back, and MD5 mismatch. It was the name the phone gave it. I didn't name it anything. It had the date with dashes and a bunch of numbers. I went back to a stock backup from a month ago, just to get back into rom manager. I renamed it virtuous and tried to restore it again. Still getting md5 mismatch. I'm kinda pissed. That was what I liked. That was my norm. Now it's gonna take forever get it all back unless someone can help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie