Purchase question for Dinc

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am new here to the forums and am looking to upgrade my BB Pearl to a Droid Incredible. I am looking around for the best deal and found that on Amazon the cost is very cheap. I am looking to get a phone for me and my wife along with another basic phone for my son. My question is how does Amazon work? I know the bill will be billed by VZ but if something happens to the phone do I take it back to VZ or do I need to work with Amazon to get a replacement (heaven forbid). Thanks in advance.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
VZ has a buy one get one free for Dinc right now in their store. That's probably your best deal if you're looking for one for you and your wife.

Otherwise I would probably stay away from the Dinc, it's a pretty old phone and will no longer be sold soon. I've had one since launch day and love it, but it's starting to feel obsolete.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am new here to the forums and am looking to upgrade my BB Pearl to a Droid Incredible. I am looking around for the best deal and found that on Amazon the cost is very cheap. I am looking to get a phone for me and my wife along with another basic phone for my son. My question is how does Amazon work? I know the bill will be billed by VZ but if something happens to the phone do I take it back to VZ or do I need to work with Amazon to get a replacement (heaven forbid). Thanks in advance.

Good choice. The end of life date for the dinc is a half year away. It is getting an update, and a new flash. 1Ghz, sence, great top tier phone for a great price. Get an extended battery, and you should be in android bliss:)

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
PS, click on amizons terms and service, that is your only option if phone issues arrive. 30 days I believe.

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thank everyone for the guidance. So you are saying that end of life for this phone will be about 6 months or so? What are they looking to move to as a replacement? I like the Dinc due to the size (form factor). I am not big on the Driod X size and don't want a slider keyboard (Droid 2). I am coming from a BB Pearl and really liked the size of it (fits nicely in the pocket).

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
All verizons current droids have a EOL on March 31. My girlfriend loves her droid 1, and that ended a long time ago, and she is NOT upgrading soon. She loves her phone. Get what you love and be happy. The dinc is phenomenal. I like the larger x, but that its because it fits my niches. Good luck, let us know what you do, and how it goes!

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I think it's an awesome phone and does not feel the least bit obsolete to me. You should consider the future, though. I would recommend a 1 year contract so you can upgrade in as little as 10 months. That may be important if you want to get an LTE device when they are available, or if you decide you want a bigger screen or front facing camera, etc. Verizon always has new devices coming out. I just hope you don't wait for a specific phone for weeks or months only to realize it's been Binged when it finally comes out.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
You will not be disappointed in the DINC. It is so customizable that when you start to feel like you are getting bored with it just change it up a little bit and its like a new phone. Since the size is right for you and you don't want a physical keyboard then this is the top notch Verizon phone for you. I just bought the Seidio rugged case for it and that alone made me feel like I just got a new phone.
I personally do not like the Motorola phones as I think the Sense UI is so much better. For me, I would prefer a bigger screen but until they come out with a 4.0 or 4.3 inch screen from HTC with the same or better specs then the DINC I will stay with my phone.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Otherwise I would probably stay away from the Dinc, it's a pretty old phone and will no longer be sold soon. I've had one since launch day and love it, but it's starting to feel obsolete.

Still the best phone I've ever owned and would recommend it to anyone wanting a good solid smart phone.

Not sure what KayIslandDrunk is seeing that is obsolete on it. Obsolete by what?

All phones have cycles.... but don't really see anything out right now that Id rather have. It's only obsolete, when there is a better replacement.

Note, I don't need larger screen (means it is larger as well), don't care about HDMI, 720P etc... don't use the phone as a camcorder.

When the new LTE supported phones come out, might be a good time to look but most of those will be after the first of the year and unless you are in a LTE supported area, not worth much.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There's a story on the AC home page that the DInc will be $100 this weekend at Best Buy. If the BOGO at VZW is over, a $100 is a great deal.

I agree with others here - I have 2 DInc's and there is nothing on the market right now that I would buy over the DInc.

bcso48

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought an incredible at Costco today for $129.00. That is there everyday price. To top it off you only pay taxes on 199.00 not 599.00 like at Best Buy. Costco is really getting into Cell Phones with Killer Deals. They have the Fascinate for 139.00 with no rebate cards to deal with.....

DaddyMack

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got a Dinc last Friday and my first impressions are that is AWESOME!!! I got it free at Best Buy for Free Phone Friday. Not even tax, $0.00 out the door. So the price was right too. I was gonna hold out for a Merge but a free Dinc was too good to pass up. Actually I got a free fascinate 2 weeks ago for free phone friday and exchanged it a week later when they put the Dinc on sale.

Keep in mind that at Verizon (in California at least) for BOGO they want $299 for the first phone, plus $50 tax. Then $100 for the second (free) phone, plus $50 tax. Then you get $200 in rebates back. But the up-front investment is $500, which is pretty steep.

One other thing to keep in mind is that even if Verizon is offering you an early upgrade because you're an existing smartphone customer, that upgrade is not valid at "Authorized Retailers" like Best Buy, Amazon, and Costco. You have to be up for your legitimate New Every 2 discount to buy a phone from anywhere besides Verizon direct.

I have not confirmed this yet but I think you can but the phone from Amazon and add it to the Asurion insurance through Verizon customer service within 30 days. If I can't do that I know I can add best buy insurance within 30 days of purchase.

But in regards to the phone it is *incredible*. I manually updated to 2.2 with no issues. I like it 100 times better than the Fascinate. It is a better size, better build quality, and better software in Sense. I also just came from a blackberry and am adjusting to keyboard but well worth the sacrifice. Ive never loved a phone like this haha.

finanandroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
VZ has a buy one get one free for Dinc right now in their store. That's probably your best deal if you're looking for one for you and your wife.

You really don't know what are you taking about it , there is no phone inthe market today as good as the Incredible is , look like your poor knowledge in smartphones technology blind your judgements.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

Uh Really??? Starting to feel obsolete??? How can you say that when the Fascinate (released several weeks ago) does't out shine it. Maybe the screen does.

Unless you have specifics I must say that your comments aren't valid.

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again for all the response. I am sold on the Dinc and will purchase it today more than likely. I was wondering though about the New every 2 program. If I purchase through Amazon, Costco, Best Buy or another third party retailier, do you still get the new every 2 program and would I be able to go directly through VZ the next time?

Amazon has the Dinc for $.01 for new customers with a plan, which I would be. Is that a good deal? Is there a catch? Thanks to everyone so far for all the inputs. Having just joined this forum you all have made a very good first impression. :D :cool:

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What about purchasing this through Tiger Direct? They all link to the Cell stores site where if you are a new customer the phones are free. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Thanks again for all your inputs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12