Rooting Droid Incredible

Trackstar29

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I just got my incredible about a month ago and im still not used to all of this android stuff, i just wanted to know how i can root my phone and if i did what could i do with it and how it would affect my phone.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are happy with the phone and it is doing everything you want it to do then don't root just for the sake of being cool. If you want to play with custom ROMS, remove ROM loaded applications or something else that requires Root, then go ahead.

Be sure you read the threads in the ROM’s and Hacks sub forum before you root. Rooting with unrevoked is easy, dealing with the consequences after rooting when an official update you want comes out is not. For some it’s not an issue, for others it’s a disaster.

Rooting is not a problem if you are willing to understand what you need to do un-root, you just need to go in with your eyes wide open. Do a Nandroid Backup to get back to where you are today; realize that sometimes backups fail and you might have to search for a 2.2 load to recover, and most importantly, you are taking control of the base level of the OS, if you delete something you shouldn’t your f’d.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m all in favor of rooting as long as you know what you are getting into. Read the ROM’s and Hack’s sub forum before rooting. It will help you avoid many pitfalls.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams