Market won't download on wifi

anon(77554)

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
It seems I can only download apps through the market with the wifi turned off. I have the same issue with google talk. if i have wifi on it just keeps trying to sign in but the minute i turn wifi off it connects.

My office is in the middle of a large building and i get very spotty 3g coverage but perfect wifi. Right now I have to wait until i leave work to download anything or use google talk. I don't think it is an issue with the ROM i am using because this was happening before I rooted.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues. Any suggestions?

doc 7

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes ,I have the same issue when accessing Google calendar on WiFi it will say" calendar not compatible with browser " its the stock browser however turn off WiFi and its fine unfortunately I don't have any solution.....

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think for the most part it is the market issue ,they have had their share lately . Hopefully they get their stuff updated to handle the demand more at peak times ;), other then cleaning the cache in your market app , app brain app( if you have it.), and web browser I dont know of much else to try then what you have already tried.

robbyrobaz

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Found the problem!

My wifi had wpa2 security. It connected but had trouble downloading. With the WIFI security off it works. I will play with another type of wireless security and find one that my Droid X likes.

robbyrobaz

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had WPA2 Personal Mixed on my WIFI and that didn't work downloading in the market or in the browser on my Droid X.

I did find that just plain WPA2 Personal without the mixed part works. WOW that WIFI is so much faster!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr