Nov 8 2010 maintenance update

darlev

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the update this morning and downloaded it. I'm not rooted. Haven't had a chance to fully check the changes out yet but I did notice that the music player seems to not be skipping at all, and it will now just pause the music temporarilly if Voice directions are coming through, or you are making a call, or using voice search, but then the music automatically returns once you are done. I'm psyched they fixed this as it was my biggest complaint with the Froyo update.

chaint

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
but I did notice that the music player seems to not be skipping at all, and it will now just pause the music temporarilly if Voice directions are coming through, or you are making a call, or using voice search, but then the music automatically returns once you are done.

Thanks for this bit of good news. Were you also having issues pausing music with the media player, and if so, has that been resolved?

darlev

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
np, the only issues I was having with music pausing were the ones I said with regards to the music not coming back on automatically when using the navigation or voice search, or making calls, but now those issues are resolved. Other than that I never had any other issues with my music player.

I am curious to see if they fixed the bit of lag in the landscape back to portrait rotation of the screen since the froyo update but will need to really play around with my phone for a while to see if that was fixed since it's kind of subtle.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the update this morning and downloaded it. I'm not rooted. Haven't had a chance to fully check the changes out yet but I did notice that the music player seems to not be skipping at all, and it will now just pause the music temporarilly if Voice directions are coming through, or you are making a call, or using voice search, but then the music automatically returns once you are done. I'm psyched they fixed this as it was my biggest complaint with the Froyo update.

Im still waiting for the update. Is the music player holding the tag information? Like artist, track name etc. Currently its random, some songs will have the information some wont. Thank you in advance.

darlev

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Im still waiting for the update. Is the music player holding the tag information? Like artist, track name etc. Currently its random, some songs will have the information some wont. Thank you in advance.

I never had any issues with the tag info before the update, but it seems fine now as well.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site

If you are talking about mp3s, I would guess the tags are not embedded into the song files. That is why some of the tracks don't have associated id3 tag data (artist, album, title, track, genre, etc.)

I have a few thousand mp3s synced on my Incredible and don't have any problems. If you use iTunes, you can embed the id3 data into the track itself. I wrote a tutorial here: MikeDePaul.com : How To: Embed iTunes Album Art Into Your MP3

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The frustrating thing is, I never had this problem with android 2.1. As soon as Android 2.2 hit the scene I havent been able to basically use my music player fully.

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When will this be sent to my phone. I go to system updates and there is no way for me to check for updates. It just says my system is up to date

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
When will this be sent to my phone. I go to system updates and there is no way for me to check for updates. It just says my system is up to date

When they get to you. Sorry -- that's the best anybody can do for you. There is nothing you can do to speed it up -- we went down that road with the Froyo update, and none of the "tricks" people used did any good at all.

It's a small update -- they'll likely to get everyone by the end of next week.

oletheos

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
i just restored a redemtptive revolution install to my phone from the muiu i'd been running the last 2 days and as soon as the phone rebooted it said i was ready to download and install an update. i pushed later because i really dont want to install it. any way to get it to go away for good?

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks. I am just a little confused coming from blackberry. There is no check for updates button on the dinc though right?

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
i just restored a redemtptive revolution install to my phone from the muiu i'd been running the last 2 days and as soon as the phone rebooted it said i was ready to download and install an update. i pushed later because i really dont want to install it. any way to get it to go away for good?

Follow the instructions below.

how to block a update???
using rootexplore on your phone.
in /system/etc/security/ change the files
otacerts.zip
cacerts.bks

to

BAKotacerts.zip
BAKcacerts.bks

Credit to upstreammiami: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-incredible-roms-hacks/41956-let-me-root-your-phone.html

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Had the update pushed to me this morning. Beyond the fact that I now have two more worthless apps on my phone (VZ Apps and Slacker Radio) I see no improvement. Every issue I had with Froyo still exists.

So, my advice to you, don't get too excited about the update. It's not really anything but more bloatware.

oletheos

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the quick response. is there any other free program that can change names in the main storage? i tried with astro but it says doesnt have permission

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz