Nov 8 2010 maintenance update

drumzalicious

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Has HTC even acknowledged this problem? Fix that one glaring issue would make so many people happy.

Apparently they are as they were the ones giving out the instructions for people to unplug the phone then plug it back in. The fact that this only is a problem with the dinc and evolution means its something that's probably software related.

Reactions: BSG75

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Any word on this update breaking free wifi tethering programs like easytether or pdanet?

Is that only the pro version of pdanet that allows wifi tether? I've been using the free version since launch and didn't realize they had wifi tethering.

EDIT:

If you're talking about the bluetooth tether, my work computer can no longer connect to PDANET. Not sure if it was due to the update or not though, as I usually only have about a 60% success rate.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else that received the update having issues with their SD card? Whenever my phone boots up, after about 5 minutes it says my SD card has been removed and if I manually take it out and put it back in, I've got about 5 minutes before I get the same error message. Frustrating!

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
^I have had no issue like that.

Got this update late last night/early morning. Seems to be holding a charge better, i.e. it doesn't drain down to 90% 10 mins after unplugging anymore but, who knows, maybe it's a placebo effect or something. I'll need a couple more days to figure it out. Slacker and Vcast app store are worthless to me and I have no intention to ever even open them.

sting0387

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with videos freezing in flash when double tapping to max them full screen? If I leave it on the regular page and just pinch to zoom and make it full screen they play fine, double tap and the video freezes and the audio keeps playing. Sucks :(

Vagrant_1

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No issues with youtube here. Has anyone noticed that in the notification bar that handcent shows how many messages you have with green circle? Never done that before

Sent from my HTC Incredible via Tapatalk

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
No issues with youtube here. Has anyone noticed that in the notification bar that handcent shows how many messages you have with green circle? Never done that before

I noticed it too. I just got my update a couple of hours ago and that's the first thing I noticed. At first I thought I was crazy. Cool feature.

frankie923

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Yes, that's definitely new. And whoever said they were having video problems, did you update flash other day?

Vagrant_1

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Cool I thought I was tripping lol, definitely cool feature. Anyone find anything else?

TekNiKal

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I received the maintenance update Thursday morning. Phone came off the charger at 730 am and I wasn't required to charge it until 915 pm. Maybe that's a fluke, I don't know. I am for sure that my phone charges a helluva lot faster. I went from the 15% notification to halfway charged in 20 minutes on my car charger while talking. Before the update I would not have made it out the red. Happy updating folks.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the update message this morning too. I'll wait until the "all clear" is given to us rooted folks.

Last edited:

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I had stock with Root. Got the update message, but decided to go custom ROM. Virtuous seems closest to stock, so I went that route. No more update message.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, and got the update. Haven't installed it yet. If I knew it would unroot, and unrevoked would root it again, i would do it. I can deal with the bloatware because titanium deletes it after I root. Just wish someone could let us know if unrevoked will root it again.

I would post the update file it I knew how to capture it from my phone. Someone want to explain how to do that and I will post it.

bdevlin5983

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy