Nov 8 2010 maintenance update

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Here is the link to the update:

Credit goes to: netw0rks

Source: http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/43966-maintenance-update-download-location.html

Original Thread:

Hey,

I was reading over the list, and I'm sorry but this maintenance update got to have more fixes in store for it's release.

I sent a email to HTC a long time ago about their music player. For some reason the music player wont hold on to the tag information stored with each file such as the name of the artist and album. HTC says they have a fix for it and that it should be included with the next maintenance update.

Yet the article talking about the Nov 8 update mentions nothing of the sort.

Do you think there will be more fixes in general? Is there more information on this update?

Bigk

Last edited:

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping it fixes the bump charge issue. I am tired of pulling my phone off the charger and seeing the battery drop 10-15% in a fee minutes.

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
That'd be nice. Not sure where the problem lies with this, but my phone randomly deleted all of my texts for the third time. We're talking over 2,000 texts. No options are set to auto-delete, and I'm not the only one with this problem. Hopefully this maintenance helps. If not, I guess constantly backing up is all I can do.

nickbike

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I would love for them to fix a few things:
  1. Random skipping of music player
  2. The device not remembering where you paused a song or podcast. (Always fun while driving to try and skip back to where you were)
  3. Recommence music playing after a voice direction from Google Navigation
  4. Enable option to turn off "Drooooooid" during boot. Silent Boot App doesn't have a chance to run on shutdown to silence it during a random reboot.

Dear HTC and Google, please note NONE of these were problems in the last version of the Android OS. All this started with Froyo.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hope the update improves overall performance,i have no issues with anything on my dinc tho to mention

Sent Using TaPaTalk

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
That'd be nice. Not sure where the problem lies with this, but my phone randomly deleted all of my texts for the third time. We're talking over 2,000 texts. No options are set to auto-delete, and I'm not the only one with this problem. Hopefully this maintenance helps. If not, I guess constantly backing up is all I can do.

Yes there is.

Go to the text messaging program and hit menu. Then hit settings.

Now take out the check mark "delete old messages". I'm guess that is checked and there is a certain number already entered as a default. These phones can only hold so many text messages, and there has to be a limit of some sort and 2,000 is quite a bit honestly.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

I was reading over the list, and I'm sorry but this maintenance update got to have more fixes in store for it's release.

I sent a email to HTC a long time ago about their music player. For some reason the music player wont hold on to the tag information stored with each file such as the name of the artist and album. HTC says they have a fix for it and that it should be included with the next maintenance update.

Yet the article talking about the Nov 8 update mentions nothing of the sort.

Do you think there will be more fixes in general? Is there more information on this update?

Bigk

I don't think HTC releases their own changelogs for system updates (or maybe there is one with the RUU? I didn't use the 2.2 RUU, so I don't remember), and Verizon only includes the highlights as they see them. But they do tend to include more tweaks than Verizon's marketing piece suggests.

Jeepzor

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the update notification but I'm rooted and don't plan on updating till I get the all clear. Says it installs slacker radio, vcast apps, and a host of other improvements. Sounds like more bloatware than anything. 18 mb in size

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the update notification but I'm rooted and don't plan on updating till I get the all clear. Says it installs slacker radio, vcast apps, and a host of other improvements. Sounds like more bloatware than anything. 18 mb in size

Running aLogcat? If so, can you give us the URL it pulled the file from?

Migizi

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
What maintenance update? And what list? Is this something pushed to the phone OTA? And do you get the chance to choose whether or not to update?

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like it's rolling out, sweet!

What maintenance update? And what list? Is this something pushed to the phone OTA? And do you get the chance to choose whether or not to update?

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible-maintenance-update-reportedly-starting-nov-8

mpcrowell

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
How long does it usually take to get to everyone? I've only had the Incredible for a week...I'm a recovering Crackberry addict. Also, I second the question as to whether you need to unroot. I rooted the phone last night.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
How long does it usually take to get to everyone? I've only had the Incredible for a week...I'm a recovering Crackberry addict. Also, I second the question as to whether you need to unroot. I rooted the phone last night.

I'd say it would be out to everyone in a week or so.

As for the root issue, don't accept. It can do some crazy stuff that you don't want.

Anyways, you'll get the update via a ROM update to whatever custom ROM you are on. If you aren't on a custom ROM, head into the ROMs/Hacks section and check out some ROMs. If you like stock sense, then check out virtuous.

You can get those ROMs via ROM Manager, which you can download on the App Market.

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is.

Go to the text messaging program and hit menu. Then hit settings.

Now take out the check mark "delete old messages". I'm guess that is checked and there is a certain number already entered as a default. These phones can only hold so many text messages, and there has to be a limit of some sort and 2,000 is quite a bit honestly.

Actually, I never had that box checked. I made sure it wasn't before I started using the phone....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude