Phone overheating the past 2 days

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
While sitting in my pocket or on the desk, not in active use, in the usual places (at home, school) and I don't know why. I haven't changed anything, added any widgets, installed any apps, etc. It just started. Just sitting in class I could feel it heating up my pocket. As well, the battery has drained precipitously (67% after a couple hours - highly abnormal for me).

I'm using the Seidio 1750mAh battery, which I've had for a few months (And love, by the way). Maybe that's causing this? Wifi enabled/disabled doesn't seem to matter (yesterday it was on at home, today it's off at school with good 3G signal).

Battery usage shows the usual (Screebl using that most, nothing else substantial. Temp is 101F.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... not sure what happened, but I rebooted the phone (can't remember if I did that already or not), and it seems to be running much cooler now, and the battery drain stopped (it seems). So maybe some process was hung up or something? Weird. Probably should do a hard reset at some point anyway just to freshen things up.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I could see it geting that warm if, somehow the GPS was left on or got turn on , or stuck on.

If it was a bad app

If the battery was bad ,,,,but seems like that wouldnt correct itself after you rebooted which you said it did, so I just keep a check on it for awhile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX