Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i installed this update manually and i did not lose root.....?

ok... maybe i lied haha. the superuser is still there but i cant use rom manager? gonna attempt to root agin and see

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Just did the new update. Has anyone else had problems with their phone doing a "soft reset". After a phone call screen will dim and I get the loading clock. Then it comes back but all of the widgets have to reload and it acts like it has just done a full reboot. Any thoughts?

I done the update about two days ago and today for some strange reason it keeps unmounting my sd card. Any thoughts? I hope it didnt wipe my card or i'll be pissed

I've also seen faster charge times

I just did my update.... I don't know whats new about this update the only thing I have seem so far is they put v cast on the apps. Yay another app I'll never use!!!

Carrier
    Stock/Skyraider/MIUI

So I received the OTA notification and tried to push the update that way but it just said that my system was updated after dismissing the notification... I then tried to manually apply the update which I did through clockwork recovery with the "apply update.zip" option.. It worked fine but then showed that I had lost su access due to setcpu going into "read only mode".. So I tried to re root using the un revoked method which when tried showed I was S OFF and then stalled at the reboot step and may have deleted clockwork recovery or changed the recovery back to stock so I can't revert back to stock.. wow this is becoming a complicated process just to apply a maintenance update.. any help guys??

Quote Originally Posted by shawngc View Post
    So I received the OTA notification and tried to push the update that way but it just said that my system was updated after dismissing the notification... I then tried to manually apply the update which I did through clockwork recovery with the "apply update.zip" option.. It worked fine but then showed that I had lost su access due to setcpu going into "read only mode".. So I tried to re root using the un revoked method which when tried showed I was S OFF and then stalled at the reboot step and may have deleted clockwork recovery or changed the recovery back to stock so I can't revert back to stock.. wow this is becoming a complicated process just to apply a maintenance update.. any help guys??
    You do the update you lose root plain and simple. There is many topics on this already. Your just gonna have to wait like most of us that applied the update to wait for updates way to root. Sorry

Sent from my HTC Incredible via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XXXdc5 View Post
    I've also seen faster charge times
    I use a craddle to charge my batttery externally , so far anyhoo, but I have noticed a definentely battery life improvement .

I put my stock battery back in for comparison with ,,, from "how it was to how it is",,, so big of a difference retesting, but hoping for it was correct ,

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsk2mc View Post
    i have the file on my SD card...the problem is when i hit recovery is stays at the white screen it wont go to the black screen with the red triangle so i can load the file.
    Did you findaway around this? I am having same problem.

i got the update sent to my phone..after 5 mins of that thing i decided i could not look at it no more.so i downloaded it just to get rid of it lol.it took 3 mins.the only difference i see except for the slacker and v-cast is the phone runs more smooth in my opinion.did not lose a thing and everything stayed the same.this is almost a perfect phone \,,/ (*-*) \,,/

Carrier
    CyanogenMod 7.2

Definitely saw an improvement in battery life yesterday (please note: I am a -light- user of the phone.)

Email - Twitter - gReader are some of the apps I most used yesterday. Would love to use Facebook (but we won't go there, I'll rant for days about that app...)

At 10:18am yesterday it came off the charger, it didn't scream for it's charger (15% battery) until 12:26am this morning.

With that said I have my apps set for background notification delays of half-hour, I honestly don't need it refreshing every five minutes! If I'm out and knocking around with my phone, I'll manually refresh it.

All in all I'm satisfied, definitely seeing improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by srodden View Post
    im using windows vista and when i rename the file update.zip it ended up being renamed update.zip.zip i kept getting abort error until i just named it update and somehow the system adds the .zip
    im getting the same thing i named it update keeps getting that same error

Quote Originally Posted by ki4lhl View Post
    Hey!

I can't install this update. I renamed it to update.zip and moved it to the root of my SD card but I get this error:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1

--- Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    assert failed: file_getprop(" /system/build.prop"
    . "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon_WWE/inc/in
    c/inc:2.2/FRY91/23134:user/release-keys"
    file_getprop(" /system/build.prop", "rebuild.
    fingerprint") == "verizon_WWE/inc/inc:2.2/FR
    F91/264707:user/release-keys"
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    i am also getting this error not sure what to do

Quote Originally Posted by rosman21 View Post
    i am also getting this error not sure what to do
    I think this is the same problem I ran into when trying to manually update to Froyo, you can't apply with update with clockwork? Thats my only guess.

I mean yea I put into recovery then did update zip then got that error so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Default Rooted - OTA considerations

If you're rooted, there are a couple of things you have to consider if you want to install the OTA. I think overall it should work, and you should be able to get back to root (as long as you enabled the S-OFF unrevoked feature).

To be able to install the OTA, if you're using a custom recovery (Clockwork, AmonRa, etc.), you have to go back to a stock recovery. Once you do that, then you should be able to load the OTA update.zip on the SD card. HOWEVER, if you're like me and removed bloatware from the /system/app folder, this looks like it causes the update.zip to fail. Inside the update.zip are patch files, which patch system .apk files. If you removed apps (like CityID, HTC Footprints, MyVerizon, etc.), the update.zip tries to patch them, and since they're gone, fails the update.

Luckily, I didn't delete those .apk files, I just moved them to another folder. So I'm in the process of copying them back, then trying to run the update.zip and seeing what happens. I'll report back.

** EDIT
    It worked! The update was indeed failing because I had removed some stock apps. Once I put them back, the update loaded, and I could manually root it again.

Quote Originally Posted by rsk2mc View Post
    i cant get this to work just stays on the HTC white screen wont go into recovery screen
    I'm getting exactly the same. I posted about it here in case you want to follow that thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant_1 View Post
    I done the update about two days ago and today for some strange reason it keeps unmounting my sd card. Any thoughts? I hope it didnt wipe my card or i'll be pissed
    Same problem.....any solution?

Quote Originally Posted by mandogonz View Post
    Same problem.....any solution?
    Nothing yet, I can't even backup my card using my pc uggh. It will mount for a few while I'm copying and then unmount. But it hasn't done it today but I haven't plugged it up to my pc either.

Yeah still having issue. Tried mounting on pc on adapter and pc takes forever to read!

Quote Originally Posted by mandogonz View Post
    Yeah still having issue. Tried mounting on pc on adapter and pc takes forever to read!
    Trust me I know the fustration

Calling it for tonite....hopefully something comes through...thanks!

Carrier
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by cloud1349 View Post
    The update file is automatically deleted from your SD card, and the update will not come OTA because you already have it.
    No, nothing ever automatically deletes itself from your memory card.

Quote Originally Posted by plemelin View Post
    I just did mine manually and am rooted. It installed successfully and I still have Superuser permissions. I don't think I lost root. I see all the apps supposed to be added and root explorer installed fine. If I didn't lose root VERY COOL!
    Then it didn't install. If you install, you lose root. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by cdneeley View Post
    Just did the new update. Has anyone else had problems with their phone doing a "soft reset". After a phone call screen will dim and I get the loading clock. Then it comes back but all of the widgets have to reload and it acts like it has just done a full reboot. Any thoughts?
    Battery pull. Usually with an OS update like this, a factory reset is a good idea too..

Quote Originally Posted by shawngc View Post
    All you need to do is re-flash Clockwork and SU. Easy enough to find...

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If you're rooted, there are a couple of things you have to consider if you want to install the OTA. I think overall it should work, and you should be able to get back to root (as long as you enabled the S-OFF unrevoked feature).

To be able to install the OTA, if you're using a custom recovery (Clockwork, AmonRa, etc.), you have to go back to a stock recovery. Once you do that, then you should be able to load the OTA update.zip on the SD card. HOWEVER, if you're like me and removed bloatware from the /system/app folder, this looks like it causes the update.zip to fail. Inside the update.zip are patch files, which patch system .apk files. If you removed apps (like CityID, HTC Footprints, MyVerizon, etc.), the update.zip tries to patch them, and since they're gone, fails the update.

Luckily, I didn't delete those .apk files, I just moved them to another folder. So I'm in the process of copying them back, then trying to run the update.zip and seeing what happens. I'll report back.

** EDIT
    It worked! The update was indeed failing because I had removed some stock apps. Once I put them back, the update loaded, and I could manually root it again.
    Correct. For all rooted users attempting to install this, you need to return any modified bloatware back to stock status..

Carrier
    Stock Root

If I understand slightly better after reading. I can do something with soff then install the update?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast