maintenance update download location

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
installed and running havent checked it out to much , first boot after installed took a little longer on boot eye(give it time) , but then you get a message saying succesfully updated.

After that bootup time is back to normal, make sure you rename file update.zip

Gave me a signature error and would not install.. :(

what steps where you on when you got that error ? :confused:

Reactions: mchapman007

mchapman007

Apr 28, 2010
www.mobilematt.net
installed and running havent checked it out to much , first boot after installed took a little longer on boot eye(give it time) , but then you get a message saying succesfully updated.

After that bootup time is back to normal, make sure you rename file update.zip

what steps where you on when you got that error ? :confused:

Looks like I forgot to rename the .zip to UPDATE.zip... All is good now, update success. Thanks!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
When i downloaded on my iMac it automatically uncompressed the .zip to a folder. Should i recompress or is there anyway in system preferences to tell the mac to not automatically decompress the zip file. Im on osX 10.5.8

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
After you have the zip in your sd card, not in any folder, Then...Hold volume down and power button at same time, when the next window shows recovery mode use volume rocker arm to toggle to it , then press power button,then power button and volume up at same time, then use volume rocker arm to select update.zip, and power button again, that's it just wait for phone to install and reboot back up.the you tube vid (posted in above posts) walks you tho the process with this update just like it did with froyo

Sent Using TaPaTalk

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I did the froyo update manually but. This time I'm not getting the screen with the red gristle it freezes at the white htc screen

fbords

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if it causes you to lose root, or will even install if rooted? I rooted using the forever tool and though I should check before installing. I got the notification this morning.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
yes i am also rooted but have the original rom. waiting to hear from other people if its ok to use this update, and if my root will remain or if i need to run unrevoked again afterwards...

jonezin

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
When i downloaded on my iMac it automatically uncompressed the .zip to a folder. Should i recompress or is there anyway in system preferences to tell the mac to not automatically decompress the zip file. Im on osX 10.5.8

Try tethering your phone and downloading to your SD card

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
i have the file on my SD card...the problem is when i hit recovery is stays at the white screen it wont go to the black screen with the red triangle so i can load the file.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Try tethering your phone and downloading to your SD card

I just recompressed it back into a zip. Thanks though.

I'm waiting to see what others are experiencing before giving it a go...doesn't seem like it would work if running a custom recovery.

DrDew

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Worked fine for me. I have s-off. Yes you will lose root but if you already have Forever just follow the wiki for offical ota's and you'll be good to go. Basically after you've updated with the ota. Redownload/flash the custom recovery and superuser. Work perfectly for me I have the update and I'm back to rooted again..all in 5mins. Thanks again for the link OP my download failed the first time I did it so that worked perfectly.

jonezin

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I just recompressed it back into a zip. Thanks though.

I'm waiting to see what others are experiencing before giving it a go...doesn't seem like it would work if running a custom recovery.

Don't blame you there. I'm doing the same here. No rush.

Though, my wife's function got it ota yesterday and she hasn't complained yet. LOL. Wait for her to get home so I can take a look.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon