maintenance update download location

cinnabubbles

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Installed without a hitch. :)

The 'evil eye' boot screen does take a bit to get moving as people reported earlier but after that it goes on to your homescreen & such. I found that I did not get a success screen but I got the tutorial for using the darn keyboard (I use Swiftkey instead of stock.)

Regardless the VCAST apps icon is there so I'm sure the update went OK.

...now for the long wait for Gingerbread, haha.

mattchew86

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else have issue with this after you installed it? After installing the update, my phone did not send or receive calls, messages, or data.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got this error and did have it named update.zip...how do I fix this
Make sure its just update. Zip not "update. Zip update. Zip", you have to have the show hidden extensions ticked to check that

Sent using TapAtalk

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Any word on battery life? That's usually the thing these small updates seem to improve (or at least it did for the EVO).

Andy20412

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So I'm kind of a noob when it comes to all of this stuff, but I understand that if you're rooted and install this update it will unroot your device? Will it simply unroot the device or is there a catch? By catch, I mean not the exact unrooted state my phone was in before i rooted with unrevoked? I'm just worried that by manually installing this update, it will screw up my phone (assuming it installs properly) in terms of having small conflicts with programs, system operations, etc. I am rooted with stock 2.2

Last edited:

s_franchise

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So I grabbed the file, and instead of going to recovery, it just started installing from the hboot screen. Good thing?

thats what mine did i was freaking out at first, but it'll update the phone, mine worked well and in like about 5 minutes. you'll see the update screen saying successful, 3.26 something

Dandrey1518

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Huawei2.1

I can't play my facebook video. adobe flash player need update.
But huawei 2.1 is not on the device list of adobe.
Is any one can help.

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i am a newbie so bare with me..i have not had the update come to my phone yet.when this comes can i just ignore it.i do not wanna upgrade? i have an update when i plug my phone in to my PC but i just ignore that..i do not want this up grade..what can i do.help please....i am asking now so i can be prepared when it comes..thanks guys

ki4lhl

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Cant Install

Hey!

I can't install this update. I renamed it to update.zip and moved it to the root of my SD card but I get this error:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1

--- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop(" /system/build.prop"
. "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon_WWE/inc/in
c/inc:2.2/FRY91/23134:user/release-keys" ??
file_getprop(" /system/build.prop", "rebuild.
fingerprint") == "verizon_WWE/inc/inc:2.2/FR
F91/264707:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

:eek: Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

srodden

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey!

I can't install this update. I renamed it to update.zip and moved it to the root of my SD card but I get this error:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1

--- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop(" /system/build.prop"
. "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon_WWE/inc/in
c/inc:2.2/FRY91/23134:user/release-keys" ??
file_getprop(" /system/build.prop", "rebuild.
fingerprint") == "verizon_WWE/inc/inc:2.2/FR
F91/264707:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

:eek: Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
im using windows vista and when i rename the file update.zip it ended up being renamed update.zip.zip i kept getting abort error until i just named it update and somehow the system adds the .zip

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks worked like a charm without any issues as confrimed by the screen that says " Congratulation! Your phone has been updated successfully to version 3.26.605.1" :cool:

cinnabubbles

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yep. too early to tell for me as well, however I'm pretty light (twitter, e-mail, occasional websurf & also on wi-fi) on usage. I'm sure once I step out of the house and into 3G I can get a 'better' reading.

Regardless I'll report back and see how it goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21