maintenance update download location

cloud1349

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen this answered yet, so I'll go ahead and ask.

Does the manual update wipe the phone clean?

I am guessing no as I haven't seen any complaints yet.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just did mine manually and am rooted. It installed successfully and I still have Superuser permissions. I don't think I lost root. I see all the apps supposed to be added and root explorer installed fine. If I didn't lose root VERY COOL!

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ok... maybe i lied haha. the superuser is still there but i cant use rom manager? gonna attempt to root agin and see

cdneeley

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just did the new update. Has anyone else had problems with their phone doing a "soft reset". After a phone call screen will dim and I get the loading clock. Then it comes back but all of the widgets have to reload and it acts like it has just done a full reboot. Any thoughts?

Vagrant_1

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I done the update about two days ago and today for some strange reason it keeps unmounting my sd card. Any thoughts? I hope it didnt wipe my card or i'll be pissed:mad:

secretsquirrel

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I just did my update.... I don't know whats new about this update the only thing I have seem so far is they put v cast on the apps. Yay another app I'll never use!!!

shawngc

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
So I received the OTA notification and tried to push the update that way but it just said that my system was updated after dismissing the notification... I then tried to manually apply the update which I did through clockwork recovery with the "apply update.zip" option.. It worked fine but then showed that I had lost su access due to setcpu going into "read only mode".. So I tried to re root using the un revoked method which when tried showed I was S OFF and then stalled at the reboot step and may have deleted clockwork recovery or changed the recovery back to stock so I can't revert back to stock.. wow this is becoming a complicated process just to apply a maintenance update.. any help guys??

Vagrant_1

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So I received the OTA notification and tried to push the update that way but it just said that my system was updated after dismissing the notification... I then tried to manually apply the update which I did through clockwork recovery with the "apply update.zip" option.. It worked fine but then showed that I had lost su access due to setcpu going into "read only mode".. So I tried to re root using the un revoked method which when tried showed I was S OFF and then stalled at the reboot step and may have deleted clockwork recovery or changed the recovery back to stock so I can't revert back to stock.. wow this is becoming a complicated process just to apply a maintenance update.. any help guys??
You do the update you lose root plain and simple. There is many topics on this already. Your just gonna have to wait like most of us that applied the update to wait for updates way to root. Sorry

Sent from my HTC Incredible via Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've also seen faster charge times :)

I use a craddle to charge my batttery externally , so far anyhoo, but I have noticed a definentely battery life improvement .

I put my stock battery back in for comparison with ,,,:cool: from "how it was to how it is",,, so big of a difference retesting, but hoping for it was correct ,:D

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
i have the file on my SD card...the problem is when i hit recovery is stays at the white screen it wont go to the black screen with the red triangle so i can load the file.

Did you findaway around this? I am having same problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma