bedside mode?

gman23

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
hello everyone just got rid of my bb and made the jump to incred still trying to get used of it but seems great so far . my question is , is there a way to put the phone in bedside mode like bb had so at night it wont vib when emails or texts come in, but still rings if someone calls . any help thanks and if its a stupid question sorry if its been asked before . thanks

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Man that's a dumb question. Haha I'm joking.

There should be an app for that, but there's no built in mechanism to allow that.
I'd give you a name if I knew it. But check out appbrain.com and app. There type in what your looking for on your computer and it'll be a little easier to find.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
There's actually an app called....wait for it.....Bedside (Night Clock). I think that's exactly what you are looking for.

QR code below. Take your favorite bar code reader and point the camera at this. It should direct you to the market for this app.

chart

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
My suggestions would be to either get some sort of app for profiles (kinda like what your BB had) there are a few out there in the market or you could get an app called AudioManager (free) and it lets you control Alarm, Music, Alerts, Ringer, System & Voice call volume seperately. So with that you could turn off Alerts and keep the Ringer volume up for calls. May not be exactly what you are looking for but it should accomplish what you want. Hope this helps.

gman23

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
yeah i hate to get woken up by and email but my wife works over nights so i want to keep the ringer on for emergencies . thanks for the suggestions ill give them a try

rielink

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I use Silent Time. You can tell it when to go silent based on days and time. Also you can put in exceptions to allow certain people to call through like normal. Very nice in my opinion.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions as well. Its very frustrating that Android can't get it together on some of the simple things. This being one of them. We shouldn't have to download an app for something so simple.

houtxfdcapt

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
hello everyone just got rid of my bb and made the jump to incred still trying to get used of it but seems great so far . my question is , is there a way to put the phone in bedside mode like bb had so at night it wont vib when emails or texts come in, but still rings if someone calls . any help thanks and if its a stupid question sorry if its been asked before . thanks

I made the same jump too, and I miss that bedside mode also. Please keep us posted on what you run across. thanks

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
+1 for the Bedside app. I had the same problem switching from BB. It actually works very well. You can set it to still receive calls and notifications for certain contacts on your list.

phil737

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to switch from BB due to fat thumbs and the small BB keyboard. Timerrific looks ok, but I don't go to bed the same time every night. Where is the app that will switch to "bedside" when you just plug in the charger at bedtime like my old BB? Life is supposed to get simpler with technology - now I need an app just to stay asleep!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
With the DroidX is does it automatically when plugged into the charging dock. You just have to manually hit the Bedside app icon... takes two seconds. Android is all about customization ... there for nothing is really built in. You need to choose your apps for what you need.

socal sxt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Ringer manager pro is what you need, it is the only app Ive ever bought. Let you add numbers that you want to ring and shuts off everything else when you turn it on.

mobilern11

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
There's another awesome app called PutMeThru which does the same thing. All alerts can be turned off, but the exceptions you set will still ring through. It's pretty great, and works well especially if you need to hear your phone ring for a work emergency, but don't want to get woken up at 3 am by an email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835