assurion replacement question.

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My wife has had an Incredible since release day and she lost it today. Does anyone know what she will get from Assurion? A new Incredible with the lcd, a refurbished with amoled, a new one with amoled, or a completely different device? She's all worried because she really loves her phone. Thanks for the help.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Most likely an AMOLED- I'd think they exhaust their AMOLED supply before moving on to the SLCDs.. As for whether it's new or refurbished, thats 100% up to chance..

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
She actually found it. Now no need for the replacement. I did however check out the slcd model at Verizon. The screen is really nice. Seemed more refined than the amoled.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have their no glare screen protector on mine . Helps protect it and also helps if out in the sun. I still don't know the difference in the two screen LOL

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I see the issue is resolved but I'm just gonna put my 2 cents in from experience. I just had a replacement due to the screen under the gorilla glass shattering. They replaced it with a brand new factory sealed SLCD droid incredible in the new box. Back when I had to have my BB replaced they gave me a brand new phone as well. I have never once gotten a refurbished phone. I am pretty sure that they will give you brand new phones as of now. A couple reasons being the fact the monthly insurance rate went up over the last year as well as the claim fee is $90 rather than the $50 it used to be. (well in most of the locations I have researched.)