Same text message keeps popping up in the notifications?

jkim723

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Every time I get a text, in my notification it says I have 2 messages.

Now this started happening after my friend sent me a text while I was trying to delete all the text convos. And its always that same text he sent me that keeps on popping up. Like whenever I delete a text message, that text shows up again on my notifcations but when I go into messages, its not there.

I deleted every text but It's still showing up! Anyone else run into a problem like this?

I hate how glitchy the message app is on this phone. Any input on how to fix this would be appreciated.

cinnabubbles

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the stock messaging app 'cos it's pretty darn frustrating, I turned off notifications for it and use the Handcent SMS app.

Give it a whirl and see if you like it, it's pretty customizable too. Since people rarely call me, I got the whole 'different ringtones for different people' setup for texting.

jkim723

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked in Drafts to see if possibly it is in there? Just tossing out ideas...

It wouldn't be in drafts because its not a message I'm sending out, its a text that I received.

I don't use the stock messaging app 'cos it's pretty darn frustrating, I turned off notifications for it and use the Handcent SMS app.

Give it a whirl and see if you like it, it's pretty customizable too. Since people rarely call me, I got the whole 'different ringtones for different people' setup for texting.

I might have to try it out.

I dont think its glitchy ,odd issue tho but i never had that and get avg. 50 texts messages a day , never had that happen.

have you checked all your folders ? :confused:

Maybe its just my phone? My messaging program is glitchy for sure. Sometimes when I click on a message, it opens up the wrong message. I've had this happen several times and I would accidentally send a text to the wrong person. Its very frustrating.

I checked my folders, deleted every message and draft. This text just won't stop appearing on my notification.

kooks3

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Verizon tech support suggested that I do a factory reset. I did - big mistake! None of my contacts were backed up in google. It was a pain in the rear.

The same thing started happening again today while I was deleting messages. I downloaded the handcent app and the text was there! I deleted it and have not received it again!!!

I am so happy that I don't have to reset my phone again!!!!

Last edited:

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old-ass thread, but have we figured out what causes this or how to fix it? I was deleting a text and got one at the same time, and now I get the reoccurring message crap happening. I don't want to use Handcent. Maybe a cache needs to be cleared somewhere?

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It is probably going to take a full factory reset unfortunately. You can try to clear the cache on the SMS program and see.

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Cache-clearing didn't work. I installed Handcent, and when the notification popped up, I found it there and deleted it. It hasn't returned. Case closed. :)

Simon Bailor

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Htc one m7

I hope this helps someone. I searched and searched on this problem for months. If you have a message that keeps reappearing after you delete you can try to reset your phone and all that but that didn't help me. It actually made it worse because the message still appeared and i had to re-download all my apps. My issue was that my message was saved to my sim card. I went to the 3 dots in the upper right and clicked on settings then text messages and then manage sim card messages and went in there and deleted it. It has not ever showed back up. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000