Going custom - Nandroid saved in internal storage?

cinnabubbles

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I'm making the wade into the world of Custom ROMs but I want to make sure I'm covering all my bases and I'm not left up the creek without a paddle.

Here we go, I'm highlighting what I have done so far:

-I was previously rooted with unrevoked, have S-OFF, rolled back to stock b/c I could not get wireless tether to work.

-Installed 11/8 OTA manually

-Rooted with z4root, confirmed I have SU rights. ShootMe, Wireless Tether & others are confirmed working

-Booted into Clockwork, have backed up via Nandroid

-This is where I'm confused, people say they get stored on your SD card? I'm finding it in my internal storage. Do you move it to the SD card via PC afterwards?

-Clockworkmod > backup > today's date > contains various .img files - Assuming I backed up correctly?

-I determined I would like to try Cyanogen because that seems to be the most popular, or can someone recommend a non-Sense rom to me? I would really like to experience the OS as it's supposed to look, not slathered in HTC's version.

Help a girl out?
Thank you for your expertise, ahead of time!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I would say it's 50/50 between Cyanogen and Skyraider... it's like Ford and Chevy. You will find militant supporters on both sides and they are both quality products, and both have a vanilla flavor.

As for the nandroid... it is on the sd card. Using root explorer, the map you have is correct, except the chain starts with sd_card, clockworkmod, backup, etc....

Reactions: cinnabubbles

cinnabubbles

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Ah! Gotcha. I can see it now via ASTRO.

I guess it is a matter of personal preference then. :) I'll have to do my research on both & go from there.

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox