i am a newbie that needs help.

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i have a whole folder of apps on my computer i got from a friend that are apk files..how do i put these apps on my phone.i have a incredible.i looked over the vcast media player and did not find any way to do this.can anybody suggest the most easy way.there are probably a few ways to do this.thanks again to everybody that has been a help to me.this phone is killer!!

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Some one probably has a better solution than this because I am sure they are out there. You can run HTC sync and there is an option for application installer. Follow the prompts and you should have it done. Like I said there are probably better third party software out there but this will do the trick.

TBarnhardt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You can hook your phone to the computer with the USB cable and choose "Disk Drive" at the prompt to make your SD card show up on your computer as a disk, then copy the .apk files to the SD card.

From there, I'm pretty sure Astro File Manager ( ASTRO File Manager - Android app on AppBrain ) can install .apk files from the SD card.

One hint to make things easier in the future, while you have the phone hooked to the computer, rename your "drives" so it's obvious which one is which. For example, name them "INTERNAL" and "SD CARD".

Last edited:

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
another easy way is just send them by email to your phone and open each apk , if you arent sure about how to work the usb cord and card and astro ;)
Not sure how many you have but sometimes emailing one or too is easier

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
all good tips..i like the mail thingy.i use to do that on my blackberry.i did try the mail thingy first.and because i am new i was not sure what to do..but i will try it again..this time i will do it right..thanks guys for your help.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
another easy way is just send them by email to your phone and open each apk , if you arent sure about how to work the usb cord and card and astro ;)
Not sure how many you have but sometimes emailing one or too is easier
True emailing to phone is the easiest way, might not be the quickest but till you learn phone better for sure easiest is to do email way. :)

Sent Using TaPaTalk

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
ok i used the gamail on the phone..all it said was install and that's all i had to do..it did not do this with aol mail..if you use gmail it is as easy as you can get.just click install.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Make sure in your settings in applications you have unknown sources check to be able to install non market applications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12