1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default i am a newbie that needs help.

i have a whole folder of apps on my computer i got from a friend that are apk files..how do i put these apps on my phone.i have a incredible.i looked over the vcast media player and did not find any way to do this.can anybody suggest the most easy way.there are probably a few ways to do this.thanks again to everybody that has been a help to me.this phone is killer!!

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

Some one probably has a better solution than this because I am sure they are out there. You can run HTC sync and there is an option for application installer. Follow the prompts and you should have it done. Like I said there are probably better third party software out there but this will do the trick.

You can hook your phone to the computer with the USB cable and choose "Disk Drive" at the prompt to make your SD card show up on your computer as a disk, then copy the .apk files to the SD card.

From there, I'm pretty sure Astro File Manager ( ) can install .apk files from the SD card.

One hint to make things easier in the future, while you have the phone hooked to the computer, rename your "drives" so it's obvious which one is which. For example, name them "INTERNAL" and "SD CARD".
    Last edited by TBarnhardt; 11-20-2010 at 02:32 PM.

ROM
    UD 2.0

another easy way is just send them by email to your phone and open each apk , if you arent sure about how to work the usb cord and card and astro
    Not sure how many you have but sometimes emailing one or too is easier
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

all good tips..i like the mail thingy.i use to do that on my blackberry.i did try the mail thingy first.and because i am new i was not sure what to do..but i will try it again..this time i will do it right..thanks guys for your help.

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by droidfrk View Post
    another easy way is just send them by email to your phone and open each apk , if you arent sure about how to work the usb cord and card and astro
    Not sure how many you have but sometimes emailing one or too is easier
    True emailing to phone is the easiest way, might not be the quickest but till you learn phone better for sure easiest is to do email way.

Sent Using TaPaTalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ok i used the gamail on the phone..all it said was install and that's all i had to do..it did not do this with aol mail..if you use gmail it is as easy as you can get.just click install.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Make sure in your settings in applications you have unknown sources check to be able to install non market applications.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Make sure in your settings in applications you have unknown sources check to be able to install non market applications.
    i saw that and did that..good info for others to know