Need some sound profile/ringtone help

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I want to have different ringtones for my incoming e-mail messages (I use the stock htc email app) and my voicemail messages. Currently, they both have the same ringtone, which I set through Settings> Sounds.

I can't find a way to change the ringtone for either in the respective applications. Am I missing something, or is this just not possible?

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
To set a notification sound for voicemails, open your stock Messaging application and hit Menu>Settings. Scroll all the way down to Voicemail settings and select your notification sound and vibration options.

BTSee

May 6, 2010
Visit site
To set a notification sound for voicemails, open your stock Messaging application and hit Menu>Settings. Scroll all the way down to Voicemail settings and select your notification sound and vibration options.

Thanks for your response. I found the setting you are talking about (and I couldn't find that before because I was looking in the settings for Phone).

However, even though I could select the ringtone I want for voicemails, the default system ringtone (the same one I get for emails) is what rings. Wondering if the fact that I use Handcent for SMS, and not the stock messaging app where the settings are found is the reason??