Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    XXI

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Default Gmail not updating in box

Gmail not updating my inbox. I have to open Gmail go into lables then hit inbox then I get to see all my new emails. is there a fix to this? and yes I do have auto sync set up for my gmail

Quote Originally Posted by XXI View Post
    Gmail not updating my inbox. I have to open Gmail go into lables then hit inbox then I get to see all my new emails. is there a fix to this? and yes I do have auto sync set up for my gmail
    same problem here.i do not use it much so i can handle it for now.let's hope this gets fixed..this phone is awesome..mail is ave at best.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Have you tried to clear your data in gmail? If not hit menu>settings>application>manage apps>all>find gmail and clear data and cache and force stop.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

This is an ongoing problem... i can't get my secondary accounts to sync for the past couple weeks. Google has been quiet. But I can assure you that we are not alone.

I posted here on the 17th http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...onization.html

Right now there is a thread at googles help forum. http://www.google.com/support/forum/...e65d52d4&hl=en

and here http://www.google.com/support/forum/...57b2ffca&hl=en

There definitely is something going around. I will tell you one thing though... this problem has seriously put into question my trust into google and their customer service. Are they too big for themselves? Probably. I know that no active customer support on such a large platform is a very big negative in my books. I can't speak to a google employee about this individually and google dosn't notice until it affects a large number of people otherwise "its not their problem".

I have cleared cache...cleared data... removed accounts... added accounts 1 by 1 meticulously.... factory restored.... changed roms.... changed kernels.... deleted gmail...retinstalled gmail.... unchecked background data... unchecked auto sync... rechecked them all... yet I do not get email pushed.
    Thanked by 2:

Add me to the group of people whoms gmail doesn't sync automatically. It's getting ridiculous.

Are you using the native Android Mail program or the Gmail app? I noticed a delay with the native mail program (using IMAP), so I switched to the official Gmail app and it sometimes notifies me before outlook.

I also sync the inbox for "all" and the subfolder (labels) for never.

Quote Originally Posted by Kkoa12h View Post
    Add me to the group of people whoms gmail doesn't sync automatically. It's getting ridiculous.
    I did a hard reset this week and for the past few days everything seems to be working as it should.

this phone is the best..except the gmail sucks bad.as a matter of fact i have had my phone for almost 3 months and i have never once received one ring tone alert.so i have to go there to check if i get any mail.my AOL mail works better.
    j3t

Smile

Hey guys I fixed this by doing this:
    Home screen
    Settings
    Accounts and Sync
    under "Manage accounts" select my gmail account
    toggle off sync gmail and close.
    Go back in to the same menu and this time toggle "sync "gmail" back on
    Close and it was good to go.
    I hope this helps.

I had this probolem too with the latest Gmail update, i reinstalled it and it worked for a few days ony to happen again. I have since uninstalled the updates only and it been fine. Read the comments in the market and many seem to have the same issue loosing push/sync