Did I screw up my Droid Incredible?

daniel329

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I have been stalking these forums for quite a while and finally became a member. I moved from PreCentral and the Palm Pre Plus. Anyways I have hit a brick wall with my droid incredible's unroot. Let me explain. When I first got the phone it was running 2.2 Froyo. I wanted to use setcpu to see if it would help my battery life so I rooted with unrevoked and everything was fine and dandy. Not to long ago I started receiving notifications that an OTA update was available that would fix some glitches and give me vCast. I hit reboot and install but the phone wouldn't reboot. Well I went online and found that because I was rooted the phone couldn't do OTA updates. This was news to me but I saw that I could unroot by installing a .zip file that started with a "P" (I can't remember the name of it, sorry) in hboot (?). Well this worked but it put me back on 2.1-1. So I went and tried to get the phone to look for the 2.2 update but I had no such luck. Then I tried getting the update.zip from HERE. I placed it on the root of the SD card and followed all the instructions but I hit an Error 7? Now it appears I am stuck on 2.1-1. Is there any way I can just revert the phone to complete factory settings without root or anything? I would be content with a working regular version of the DI right now. Thanks so much in advance for the help.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

daniel329

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

daniel329

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I decided I would just give the instructions in the thread a shot. I got all the way to the very end and then my phone gave me a Status 7 error when updating the rom. I tried re-downloading the .zip file......ideas?

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
i am having the same exact problem. ive tried multiple 2.2 updates and it always ends in the (status 7) installation aborted.

so now im basically stuck on 2.1 update 1 unless i get an OTA...which i dont even know if they are still sending out.

anyone know how to fix this?

doc 7

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how to fix it but....what is the big deal with the maintenance update from what I've read it primarily gives a handfull of apps that do little more than hog resources and of course break root so I guess I will keep root seems the safest bet IMHO

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
well i was having a problem with files downloading in the browser with my virtuous rom. and i wanted to go back to stock 2.2

But i flashed back to stock 2.1.1, rooted. and then uploaded skyraider 3.3.3 sense. and now im not having any problems. wierd that it wouldnt work tho.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski