2 issues sending picture mail

Underworld54

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having 2 issues. Sometimes I get a force close when sending picture mail. Another issue I'm having is when I send a picture to someone the resolution is pretty poor. The original pictures have detail but the person receiving it gets a very un-detailed picture. Why are these happening? Also I get "picture too large" message sometimes.

verizonqueen

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I get the "picture too large" message also. It's very frustrating! My camera takes a great quality picture but when I go to send it, it makes it small. What gives?

dmaxson72

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I get the "picture too large" message also. It's very frustrating! My camera takes a great quality picture but when I go to send it, it makes it small. What gives?

Well, if you go into the settings in the messages app you will see settings for MMS. The maximum size you can choose is 1200k which is 1.2mb. When you take the high resolution pictures the file size of the picture will exceed the maximum size thus the phone will compress the file size to be able to send it. It would be nice if they would increase the maximum file size on a phone designed to take high resolution pictures. Maybe one could put the picture in a .zip file format to compress the size prior to attaching to message and sending? I know I have seen some archiving apps on the market. Hope this answers your question.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Or you could try emailing the picture as an attachment? I don't know for sure but I would think the file size limits are higher on emails than they are for mms

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane