If not DInc, then which VZW phone?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am going to get my wife a smartphone for Christmas, but I don't want to get her the DInc. I have one and love it, but I am not sure she would be able to deal with the poor battery life and charging problems.

So, if you were forced to pick a different smart phone from VZW today, which would it be? I am looking for something simple to use that just plain works.

Thanks!

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
You could get her and Incredible w/ an extended battery. It's sad that that glaring issue has been completely ignored with this otherwise great phone.

If it were me, I would wait for the LTE phones in a few months.

Assuming she is eligible for a new phone, if I were you, I would give her my Incredible w/ an extended battery and use an old phone for a few months. I would then use her upgrade to get me a shiny new LTE 4" device around February or March. You could probably get an old Storm or something for two months on the cheap. Maybe an old Eris.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am not too impressed with the Ally. Buddy has one and I don't think too much of it. Maybe because I compare it to my Incredible.

As for LTE, crap I can't afford those dang plans! $50 for a smartphone plan?? Too much for me...

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I got my wife a Sammy Fascinate. The display is awesome and even though it's all Binged up she isn't a power user so she doesn't know the difference and loves it...

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

thecatwasnot

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
If you want the smartphone route, my dad loves his Fascinate, and it seems to get a little better battery life than my Incredible. Does she like yours? Maybe figure out if she'd prefer the physical keyboard or full touch to start? (I hate the physical keyboards now, they make me feel like even more of a clutz, but if she texts a lot, or likes them.... Then A Droid 2 might be a good one.) Then you have a little more to go on.

If she wants full touch, the Droid X is a little big, I found it wasn't too big for me but I know I like to surf the web/twitter a lot from my phone, so I was willing to compromise with how big it is. Ended up with an Incredible anyway, and am liking how trim it feels in my hand, she might like that, if you can find a good deal then spend the saved $$ on an extended battery.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I am not too impressed with the Ally. Buddy has one and I don't think too much of it. Maybe because I compare it to my Incredible.

As for LTE, crap I can't afford those dang plans! $50 for a smartphone plan?? Too much for me...

*sigh*

Again... those plans posted yesterday were not smartphone plans. From reading the article... you can determine that these are not smartphone plans but data plans for a USB device to use in your laptop. If you don't want to use a local internet provider you would buy this to use around the country on your laptop.

I repeat.

THESE ARE NOT SMARTPHONE DATA PLANS.

/end rant

Reactions: bkorver

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Verizon said LTE phones would come out in mid-2011 anyway, so I don't expect pricing for smartphone plans to come up anytime soon (or even change much, if at all, those pricings look similar to 3g plans for tablets/netbooks).

I'd think that the Fascinate is probably the most friendly phone for, for lack of a better term, less technologically inclined people. Its user interface seems to be very friendly, and is very clean and attractive (and bears resemblance to IOS, which she might like - but then again, if she wants an iphone-like experience, then why not just hold out for the rumored Verizon iphone?). Keep in mind that battery life is an issue for all smartphones, so you're not going to get around that very much.

Dinc is also a great choice, but some occasional problems make me hesitate to recommend it to people who aren't comfortable with messing around in the app manager.

LG Vortex wouldn't be too bad either if she doesn't need performance (or Angry Birds).

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
all smartphones have bad battery life.

just get a 1500 or 1750 battery... if she isn't a power user she won't use a lot of battery anyway.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX