Inc Must Have Apps

neuftearia

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am upgrading, Dec 12th, to an Inc from a Storm (HATED IT!!!!). What are the MUST have apps for the Incredible? Please provide title and description of app.
Thanks. :)

thecatwasnot

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Have just moved from a 1st gen Storm, (that I didn't dislike,) and am LOVING my Incredible.

* AlarmDroid - nice flexible alarm clock app
* E-mail Notifier - better notifier than the stock one, only works with gmail & K-9 email apps
* SMS Notifier - by the same guy as the E-mail one, works great
* Google Reader & Google Listen - Listen is an awesome app that will let you listen to podcasts on the go, love being able to listen while driving etc. Reader just works with Google Reader
* Pandora - pandora.com radio
* Poynt - Same as the BB app
* Remote Notifier - When I connect up to home wifi, it lets my computer know when I get SMS & phonecalls, AWESOME (This app was the reason I was convinced I needed Android, even works on my Ubuntu Desktop)
* Sleep Bot Tracker - Easy way to keep track of sleeping habits, since I keep/charge phone by my bed and use AlarmDroid to wake up
* TweetCaster - Twitter app that works with multiple accounts

I think you're gonna be very happy with the switch, I liked my Storm when I got it, grew to be pretty apathetic. My Incredible is just awesome in comparison.

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I also switched from BB (Storm 2) and I'm as happy as a pig in $h!t.

I really like :

-Swiftkey keyboard - replaces stock keyboard, predicts the next word you will type.

-Handcent SMS/ MMS - iPhone like bubble conversations and other cool themes.

-EasyProfiles - Next Gen bedside mode; manage radio, display and sound settings.

-Dolphin HD browser - tabbed browsing, pinch zoom and blazing fast.

ETA...I found this thread helpful...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/31622-getting-started-android-tips-tricks.html

Last edited:

ramireh3

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Came from a Storm as well here are some apps that I found helpful and are my must haves:

Gtasks- If you used your tasks on your BB you will quickly find that there isn't an on-board app. This one is great. The widget is great and it wirelessly sync's with your Google tasks which makes it even better.

GDocs- If you used your memo's then the same thing like the statement above.

Kindle App- If you have a Kindle it is great to be able to have your book with you all the time. I think Verizon includes the app with their bloatware.

OI Safe- If you used your password app on your Storm you will need something to replace it. This app will do it for you.

Movies- Same as the one on BB but if you go to the movies this is a great app.

Paper Toss- Mindless fun

Silent Time Lite- If you charge your phone by your bedside and do want to program the phone to turn the sounds on and off when you want this is great for that.

Kik Messenger- Just like BBM (Guess that's why RIM is suing them) that let's you text across Android - iPhone. Has the sent/read messages as well.

There are a ton more but these are the ones that helped the transition across the platforms.

Reactions: neuftearia

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Gotta have angry birds
1. Pulse Reader, lets you follow stories on up to 1 websites at once
2. Flikie Wallpaper, def the best app for Inc. all the wallpapers are perfect to screen resolution.
3. Doubletwist, great music player that is way better then stock.
4. Swiftkey, best keyboad replacment. predicts the next word you say based on your typing history.
5. Google star maps, one of those apps that will make everyone that doest have a droid jealous. lets you see what everystar that you look at is.
6. Launcher Pro, def the best home screen launcher replacement. lots of great widgets.
7 Weatherbug is a nice weather widget that doesnt seem to suck much battery power( you will see how important that is soon!)
8. TIKL, fun app that takes the place of a nextel push to talk feature.
9. Chrome to phone- lets you share all your bookmarked websites with your phone from your pc( long as you use chrome as your browser)
10. Handcent is by far the best messaging app in its ability to let you customize everything about it. its wwwaaayyy better then the stock sense messaging app

hope this helps you will love the inc. i came from a curve then a tour then a eris, and finally the Inc and its the cream of the crop!!

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Some Basic Solid Apps for everyday use....

Like most Droids, Navigation is a shining star on the Dinc. Make sure you update Google Maps and I use "CarHome Beta" everday as I drive. It's a compact combo of Weather, Speedometer, Compass and easy access to Contacts, Voice Dialer and Maps.

"Pocket Informant" organizes my Calendars in one at-a-glance spot.

My favorite Weather is "Palmary Weather" which has in-depth weather info and stores instant weather info for multiple locations.

"TeslaLed" is a powerful and handy utility flashlight for your Dinc.

ALL the Google apps are suggested and useful as well.....Reader, Listen, Voice etc.

AppBrain and AndroidCentral are other ways to stay abreast of worthwhile Apps.....Otherwise, Enjoy....D

Reactions: neuftearia

neuftearia

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Must Have Inc. Apps

All,
Thank you soooooo very much for your iput. Reading all of the app posibilites is giving me that warm fuzzy feeling!!! I am soooooo excited about getting my phone; I know that probably sounds really sad.
I have the 1st gen Storm and have had it for almost 2 yrs and I can't take it anymore. I need a phone that is reliable, DOES NOT FREEZE, has updates when necessary and has an amazing space capability of having apps.
My only major concern about switiching is being able to receive my work e-mails (outlook) and personal e-mails (msn/hotmauil) instantly like I currently do on my BB.
Will I still be able to receive them instantly on the Dinc.?
:)

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
In a word....YES! I moved over from the Crackberry Tour....HUGE improvement. You can set up your Gmail account (which becomes more sophisticated everyday) and ANY other account to push to your phone. You can also control the frequency (saves battery)....or just leave it automatic.

The BAD ( and I love my Dinc)....battery life is still a problem....but there are ways around it. I get a day out of my non-stock 1750 Seidio battery. I'd recommend a dual charger that charges both your phone and a spare battery....just nice to have around. Direct Sunlight....the beautiful screen that is so nice....is very difficult to read in direct sunlight.

That's it though. Rock Solid Companion. So many useful functions....and I think it makes phone calls too....D

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Yea the biggest weakness of the phone is battery life, if you dont want to carry around a charger to get through the day the 1750 or 2250 batteries are def the way too go. or of course rooting it but def take the time to enjoy and learn the phone before you look into that! :D

butterfly_5_

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
ok, i know im kinda late on this one but i figure if im still hunting around in the older threads then maybe im not alone.

vlingo app = totally awesome!

TiKL = is great

Zedge = best free ringtone site ive ever seen

Words with Friends = if you like scrabble and playing at your own pace when you have the time to do so.

Pass keeper = great if you have multiple pass words and log in ID's that you need in one place

so just my 2 cent worth on the best apps

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
(opinion) Apps that work with "Root" and w/out "Root"

First off.. I am a minimalist (I don't like a cluttered looking phone- just an opinion)
All of these are in a somewhat particular order of importance (again... just my opinion)

-w/ Root-

Superuser (by ChainsDD) - Grants and Manages superuser rights for you rooted phone... This app requires that you already have root or a custom recovery image to work(like ClockworkMod)
ROM Manager(ClockworkMod) - AN ABSOLUTE MUST IF YOU ROOT AND FLASH... Manage your ROMs via handy UI. lets you organize and perform backups and restorations.
ShootMe(screen grabber) - Allows you to take screen shots of your device and share them via email, facebook....
SMS Unread Count - Home widget for showing number of unread items for sms, missed calls, and GMail (I use this because I have custom Icons on my home screen)

-w/OUT Root-

Yahoo! Mail - obviously if you have yahoo mail it is a great app
Documents To Go 3.0 Main app - I get emailed alot of native MS docs for work and this allows me to view them in their proper format. I dont edit on my phone so I went with the free version- if you want to edit then pay up :)
Backgrounds(StlyemMedia) - Tons and tons of backgrounds by category
SwiftKey Keyboard - I have had an OG droid, DX, and now the Incredible... I have tried every type and style of keyboard known on the market (i think), and SwiftKey is the absolute best keyboard there is. kinda scary, it's like it reads your mind!!!
ACast Pro - podcast player for android... easily add any podcast by URL or search.
Facebook for Android- needs no explanation :)
Clockr Evolution - customizable date and time widget.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
These are just a few of the apps that I am sharing, obviously there are already native apps on the Hinc... like navigation, Google maps, and Flash 10.1
- I am currently running Cyanogen CM7RC1#7/.37incredikernel and it comes with ADWlauncher- lets you pretty much do what ever you want to your look and style of apps and app drawer(for example that is a pic of my GF and when pressed it opens app drawer).

Any questions just ask... thats what these forums are for!!!

Here is a screenshot of my homescreen

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
1. AlarmDroid (I love waking up in the morning to "Good Morning! The time is ..... with a temperature of ..... Today will reach a high of ..... degrees and be ......)

2. Folder Organizer Lite (ability to add more apps/shortcuts to folders without having to scroll as well as change the folder icon)