Is there any way to backout Nov. Update?

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to back out the November Update? It has all but bricked my phone. It has been in a "Low on Space" condition since the update was done. Now I'm finding that I don't have enough available memory to receive SMS messages. And there's not enough memory to do app updates.

Johnie

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Go to the Roms and Hacks section and root your phone. Unrevoked released their update that will root your phone with the Nov. update. Use a custom ROM or at least if you are rooted, you'll be able to downgrade the OS version you have.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
sounds like you need to do a factory reset at this point. these OTAs really need to just do a wipe before install to avoid all of these problems.

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wait so when do you think the ETA is on a fix for this? I just got my Droid Incredible yesterday night and turning it on now since I had to wait to charge it up.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Wait so when do you think the ETA is on a fix for this? I just got my Droid Incredible yesterday night and turning it on now since I had to wait to charge it up.

What fix are you asking for. There was an OTA update recently and your phone may already have it. If not, it will ask you if you want to download it. A lot of people are reporting that it created new problems, though. I suggest doing some research to see if you want to install it.

Unrevoked has an update out that will let you root your phone even if you install this latest OTA update.

The "low on space" error is not uncommon. It was around before this latest OTA. I don't know of a real fix for it other than doing a clean install. That message and the charge issues are two things that HTC has fallen asleep on.

Reactions: keebz

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I thought the "low on space" error was brand new since after the OTA update.

I actually just NOW turned on my brand new Droid Incredible (woot!) and I did install an update. No error messages, and still have like 1.86GB or something left on the MicroSD card as well as like 6GB or so on the internal storage.

Time to go on the internet!

Thanks for the clarifications. I do agree that the charging issue not being given priority is weird, especially considering the fact that its supposedly something they can fix.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to back out the November Update? It has all but bricked my phone. It has been in a "Low on Space" condition since the update was done. Now I'm finding that I don't have enough available memory to receive SMS messages. And there's not enough memory to do app updates.

Johnie

Johnie, there's no way to back out of the November update, I sure wish there was though !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC