1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default It's a sad day

My DInc, which I've had since May, is going back to the store. It's had to be reset three times, now it keeps shutting off on its own. Some apps will never download, even if I try over and over again. Hopefully the refurb they send me is good. These problems are taking the fun out of my phone.

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

From what I hear, refurbished units are great. They go through strict qc, and are tested more than factory units. Could be a great day.

Test the speaker on the refurbished phone. I had 2 refurbs back to back both have blown out speakers.

You'll get over it man. I'm on my fourth and I love it the same as the first one.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

They claimed it was Lookout causing the problem (I was skeptical but I played along.) They were wrong, as I suspected, and I will be making another trip to the Verizon Store tomorrow.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Verizon has a history of trying to blame it on anything and everything that will not require a replacement, to include installed applications. Make sure you make it very clear you've troubleshooted and eliminated all of your apps as the culprit.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

They blame it on Lookout, yet Lookout is a featured app that Verizon advertised on TV, print ads, etc...
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Verizon has a history of trying to blame it on anything and everything that will not require a replacement, to include installed applications. Make sure you make it very clear you've troubleshooted and eliminated all of your apps as the culprit.
    Which you can do easily by doing a factory reset.
    ROM du jour: Myn's Warm Two Point Two
    Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
    Kernel: HeyItsLou-2.6.32.17-Cifs-Tun-Ext4-WN
    Battery: Mother of All Batteries (Seido 3500mAh)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I've reset 3 times.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

They will literally keep you running back and forth to avoid giving you a replacement has anyone ever wondered why all phones have similar issues again and again ....answer .........IT'S THE NETWORK.

Had to get a BB curve replaced twice with Verizon (i broke the phone both times, so can't blame verizon for that). Never had the run around.

I've found the key is to rapidly escalate both temper and volume. Be nice at first though, and give them a chance. yes, if it comes to it, you might have to be a bit of an A-hole, but start making enough of a scene, and the sales people start shooting the support reps dirty looks. You need to make it apparent YOU have a problem, which now makes you THEIR problem. A new phone is the only way this problem goes away.

Plus, do think the people in the store will view me as the a-hole, or will they assume Verizon is giving me the run-around? This tactic is simply the result of the carriers polices.

And yes, I know the front line reps aren't the ones who made verizon (or any carrier) what it is, but they knew before they chose to work there that this would be part of the job.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
    Had to get a BB curve replaced twice with Verizon (i broke the phone both times, so can't blame verizon for that). Never had the run around.

I've found the key is to rapidly escalate both temper and volume. Be nice at first though, and give them a chance. yes, if it comes to it, you might have to be a bit of an A-hole, but start making enough of a scene, and the sales people start shooting the support reps dirty looks. You need to make it apparent YOU have a problem, which now makes you THEIR problem. A new phone is the only way this problem goes away.

Plus, do think the people in the store will view me as the a-hole, or will they assume Verizon is giving me the run-around? This tactic is simply the result of the carriers polices.

And yes, I know the front line reps aren't the ones who made verizon (or any carrier) what it is, but they knew before they chose to work there that this would be part of the job.
    Well, it also does depend on what kind of scene you're making. Trust me, there are plenty of instances where customers will not think Verizon is giving you the run-around and you're just being an over-glorified jerkhole.

Now with that being said, I agree that at times you have to be stern and raise your tone a bit. I've had to do it before, but I've never had to act like a maniac, either.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks