1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GPS causing phone to restart

Somebody help! This has been going on for a long time now, several months actually. I am in sales, and rely heavily on GPS. With that said, everytime I turn my GPS on, go into Navigation, I will be routed as normal, but 10-15 minutes in, my phone automatically restarts/reboots. I have flashed several different roms, and can not fix this issue! What am I missing? What is causing this? Someone else has to have this issue, or hopefully once did and now has a fix?!?

Please help!

SIgned,

Desperate in Chicago!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Nobody else is having this issue?

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Seems like a fairly common problem upon searching the forums other places... My wife's phone does it, and I am planning on warranty-ing it. I think its hardware...like the radio and the gps freak out the CPU and it reboots....

Just wait, it gets worse...like it will reboot constently for like an hour...or until you pull the battery and let it "rest" for a while.

I'm having that same problem. Whenever I turn on the GPS and navigation after a few minutes the phone keeps rebooting. It didn't use to do it, just within the last few months. If someone has a fix or knows the reason for this happening please help! Thank you in advance.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Cmon HTC! I really don't want to have to unroot and warranty this out. There has to be some sort of a fix.

I know, I know. Wishful thinking.

Global Posts
    1,294 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sounds like the GPS chip is overheating. Not much you can do other than do a warranty exchange.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ugh. Bigslam, that's not what I want to hear.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Is anyone running a task killer, if so, it could be causing the problem
    Last edited by KB3MMX; 12-08-2010 at 09:20 PM.