cold weather affecting phone?

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When I have it in the cold weather and don't touch it for a few minutes I get ghost movements on the screen if my finger goes near it. I am assuming this is because the screen has heat sensors. Once its warm it is fine.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Cold weather can have some strange effects on phones, so much so in fact that Samsung (not sure about HTC or Motorola) has published in it’s user guide a caution about operating the phone in environments below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

Jon1029

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
it is definitely colder than 32 here in tn right now. working outside, battery is draining faster than normal. and normal is fast anyway...lol. I've been experiencing other issues as well, but the battery issue is my main concern.

thanks

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Keep your phone in your pocket when not in use... The body heat will help keep it from freezing... You'll definitely see condensation form on the phone if you allow it to acclimate to a really cold temperature and then bring it into a warm environment... That's not good for any electronics, so pocket storage will help that from happening...

As for using it in the cold... Try these... http://www.totes-isotoner.com/product/isotoner/men/gloves/isotoner+mens+smartouch+gloves.do?sortby=ourPicks hehe...

jim.daly51

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I live and work out of doors in the Upper Peninsula of MI... cold wx abounds. Right now my problems are operation the camera in cold wx and the fact that I have to remove at least one glove to answer call or do anything with the phone. Wished I'd known that. Anyone know of reviews that include cold wx tests?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I live and work out of doors in the Upper Peninsula of MI... cold wx abounds. Right now my problems are operation the camera in cold wx and the fact that I have to remove at least one glove to answer call or do anything with the phone. Wished I'd known that. Anyone know of reviews that include cold wx tests?

Do a search for Touch Screen Gloves on Amazon. There are a ton of them. It's the Capacitive screen that is the problem with gloves. Also I think they make a "Capacitive cream" that you can rub on the fingertip of any glove and make it work with your phone.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey