1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default cold weather affecting phone?

Has anyone noticed the cold. Weather affecting the performance of the dinc and/or the battery?

ROM
    Stock

Default COLD weather

Yes, I have when it hits 40 degrees and less and I live in ARizona

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

When I have it in the cold weather and don't touch it for a few minutes I get ghost movements on the screen if my finger goes near it. I am assuming this is because the screen has heat sensors. Once its warm it is fine.

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Guys just turn on defrost on the phone lol
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Cold weather can have some strange effects on phones, so much so in fact that Samsung (not sure about HTC or Motorola) has published in it’s user guide a caution about operating the phone in environments below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

it is definitely colder than 32 here in tn right now. working outside, battery is draining faster than normal. and normal is fast anyway...lol. I've been experiencing other issues as well, but the battery issue is my main concern.

thanks

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Keep your phone in your pocket when not in use... The body heat will help keep it from freezing... You'll definitely see condensation form on the phone if you allow it to acclimate to a really cold temperature and then bring it into a warm environment... That's not good for any electronics, so pocket storage will help that from happening...

As for using it in the cold... Try these... hehe...
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead

Default Re: cold weather affecting phone?

I live and work out of doors in the Upper Peninsula of MI... cold wx abounds. Right now my problems are operation the camera in cold wx and the fact that I have to remove at least one glove to answer call or do anything with the phone. Wished I'd known that. Anyone know of reviews that include cold wx tests?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: cold weather affecting phone?

Quote Originally Posted by jim.daly51 View Post
    I live and work out of doors in the Upper Peninsula of MI... cold wx abounds. Right now my problems are operation the camera in cold wx and the fact that I have to remove at least one glove to answer call or do anything with the phone. Wished I'd known that. Anyone know of reviews that include cold wx tests?
    Do a search for Touch Screen Gloves on Amazon. There are a ton of them. It's the Capacitive screen that is the problem with gloves. Also I think they make a "Capacitive cream" that you can rub on the fingertip of any glove and make it work with your phone.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.