How much "real" app storage do we have?

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So I've been wondering this since I got my incredible pre release, how much actual app storage do we have and whats with are internal phone storage stats? Out of the box I think we had 720mb or so out of 748 free phone memory. From the begining there was confusion if the whole 748mb was free app storage and I recall HTC comenting that it was (in June) even though the phones advertised to only have 512mb of phone storage. So I've been at 330mb out of 748mb free and getting "low app data memory, free up app space" (not verbatim) and it says something more that's cut off, if you hit the notification it takes you to app manager. At this point around 330mb free I can't open texts or install any more apps unless I delete some bigger apps. So at arround 328-330mb "free",the memory's full?!?? Before I was on stock rom, now I'm on skyraider 3.5 rom and it says I have 276mb free out of 748mb with no message? Wtf! Sorry for the long read but can anyone shed some light on this???...... thanks

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
That memory is also used for texts and emails and other things stored on the phone. I think

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The phone has a 1 GB ROM- 252 of it is for the OS, so you're left with 748 for usage. That message is more than likely a glitch- happens a lot on phones. Factory reset would fix it, or go into Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All and Clear Data on any app that's taking up an abnormally large amount of space (more than 10-15 MB).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the Droid X, which had 6.1GB of storage (out of 8GB) so does the DInc. When I d/l and installed the apps on the DX it went to the 8GB storage, when I d/l apps on the DInc where exactly are they stored? In the 8GB or the 748MB? I just needed to know before I got too deep into my app d/l's.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the Droid X, which had 6.1GB of storage (out of 8GB) so does the DInc. When I d/l and installed the apps on the DX it went to the 8GB storage, when I d/l apps on the DInc where exactly are they stored? In the 8GB or the 748MB? I just needed to know before I got too deep into my app d/l's.

The 748. Or memory card, if the dev has allowed it. The 8 GB (6.4 usable) of internal memory is formatted just like a memory card- files only.