1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Home button crashes Sense

So after a bad experience with the Droid X (5 of them) I got the Inc today. Every time no matter what I am doing, hit the home button and sense crashes. It goes to the white screen with HTC logo, and reloads home screen. It is so damn annoying, I have it completely stock, even did a hard reset.. still does it. What the hell is wrong with this phone, did I just get a bad one?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Let's start with a list of apps/mods you have made to the Incredible, post bootup. If you haven't made any, I would suggest a hard reset.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Hmm well I got it out of the box and before I had time to get any apps I ran into this issue. All I did was go through the Google setup and wifi setup. I just did a factory reset and tried clearing most of the widgets but no luck.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Larry made a good suggestion in this thread. Sounds similar to what you are reporting. Did you buy this phone new or used?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

It was a refurb they sent in exchange for my Droid X, will check out that thread.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

If the factory reset didn't work you might need to get a replacement. Try going to your settings then applications, manage applications, running programs, then find HTC sense and clear data and cache. This should have been fixed.during the reset but it worth a shot.

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    If the factory reset didn't work you might need to get a replacement. Try going to your settings then applications, manage applications, running programs, then find HTC sense and clear data and cache. This should have been fixed.during the reset but it worth a shot.
    +1 yup
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I guess I will just do another exchange, I have had horrible luck with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by rkb84 View Post
    I guess I will just do another exchange, I have had horrible luck with these things.
    I would try to talk them into giving you a 'New' phone and not a refurb. Just politely explain the numerous exchanges you have already had. Should get to a point where they just give you a new one after so many failures.