Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How Often Do You Shut Down Your Droid Incredible?

Just as the title says, how often do you guys shut off your Droids completely, not just sleep (it is amazing how fast it can wake up, when you compare it to a computer)? This can includes simple restarts.

I got my Droid Incredible last week and haven't shut it off since. What is the recommended amount of days?

Currently:
    Up time: 189 hours, 32 minutes
    Awake time: 53 hours

Just a fun, sharing thread if anything, nothing too technical.

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

seriously never! the only way ill restart my phone is cuz im always flashing stuff with recovery
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

I actually shut mine off completely before bed every night. I don't need it on at night so I don't see the reason to keep it on.
    Rockin The Moto X

Global Posts
    6,666 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Either every day other every other day depending on if it's the stock battery or Xtended 2150 thats in the phone at that time.

Yup ....I rotate the batteries,I charge them with Xternal charger

Sent using TaPaTaLk

It is my only phone, so just like an old land-line, it never gets shut off.

Granted, it stays in another room at night, so all I will hear is the ringer and not any other notifications.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by anicholas7 View Post
    I actually shut mine off completely before bed every night. I don't need it on at night so I don't see the reason to keep it on.
    I practically never shut mine down but I think I"m going to start shutting it off because the battery charges completely if you shut it down and loses a bar practically immediately when I leave it on but charging all night.

I did invest in extra batteries that often come in handy.

Since I'm thinking about getting my sons each an Incredible in January I better stock pile some batteries.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I use an external battery charger and cycle between 2 batteries so I power down at least once a day. If I didn't charge my batteries this way I would only power down when flashing things in recovery.

I pretty much shut mine down everyday because I rotate batteries and charge them on an external charger as well. I have already discovered that doing it this way charges the battery much better. Its sad that HTC never noticed this problem or are unable to fix this issue with an update. This is the only flaw I really see as a problem with the phone. Other wise I'm very happy with everything else.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I heard it is a problem that can be solved on HTC/Google's part since it is a software/firmware issue. However, it seems to not be the case as if it were, I'm sure they'd give it the utmost priority over simple graphic upgrades and what not (it would be worthy of a hotfix, in my opinion).

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    IncROM 1.0 Beta 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Incredible View Post
    I pretty much shut mine down everyday because I rotate batteries and charge them on an external charger as well. I have already discovered that doing it this way charges the battery much better. Its sad that HTC never noticed this problem or are unable to fix this issue with an update. This is the only flaw I really see as a problem with the phone. Other wise I'm very happy with everything else.
    It would seem that if they could solve the battery issues this phone would be hands down the best, that said the battery swapping and external charger are starting to get old.
    BBKiks, a Proud UTE fan.
    IncREDible

Unrevoked 3
    IncROM Beta 3
    :rolleyes:
    Banned

ROM
    My roms (link in sig)

It depends on how many battery pulls I do or how many ROMs I flash...or if my phone dies.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Only if bump charging, which is normally daily.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default How often ...

ditto ...I charge it every night because I don't usually use it at night.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keebz View Post
    Just as the title says, how often do you guys shut off your Droids completely, not just sleep (it is amazing how fast it can wake up, when you compare it to a computer)? This can includes simple restarts.

I got my Droid Incredible last week and haven't shut it off since. What is the recommended amount of days?

Currently:
    Up time: 189 hours, 32 minutes
    Awake time: 53 hours

Just a fun, sharing thread if anything, nothing too technical.
    Every day. It's part of the bump charge ritual.
    ROM du jour: Myn's Warm Two Point Two
    Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
    Kernel: HeyItsLou-2.6.32.17-Cifs-Tun-Ext4-WN
    Battery: Mother of All Batteries (Seido 3500mAh)

Ok, I'm starting to feel weird, I've had mine for two weeks, and while yeah the battery drains fast I haven't felt compelled to get a new battery or try the bump charge thing. I charge the phone at night, but I use it as an alarm (LOVE AlarmDroid) and so I don't want to turn it off. I have been powering off/on once a week in the morning. I haven't had any issues so far. Maybe I just got lucky.

For example I've had it off the charger for about an hour this morning, idle mostly and I'm still at 97% battery.
    Droid Incredible <> Ubuntu 10.10 <> @thecatwasnot

Hey, it's good to know when you've said something useful, if I've been helpful, please Thank this post.

"I woke up in bed with a man and a cat; the man was a stranger, the cat was not..." - Heinlein

Only if I'm having 3G signal issues. Which happens infrequently when I drive through a specific area of town, although it's always the exact same spot.

Currently:
    Up Time 424:19
    Awake Time 76:58
    Previous phones: BlackBerry Storm 1, Droid Incredible - RIP May 24, 2011
    Current phone: HTC Thunderbolt
    Dropbox - free secure online storage. Sign up here and get a 250MB bonus.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

Only if I reflash or if I need to swap batteries. It's been a few weeks since my last. My storm would have been atleast twice a day.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

+1here

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Maybe, once a week or so.

Mine is shut down while I am at work. No need for it there. On when on my break and then after work until I go to bed. I shut it off at night as well. I don't need it on 24/7 . I charge it nightly. It is my only communication so I make sure it is fully charged. The battery has lasted longer today. I have had the Incredible one full week now. I LOVE IT !

Quote Originally Posted by bbkiks View Post
    it would seem that if they could solve the battery issues this phone would be hands down the best, that said the battery swapping and external charger are starting to get old.
    +1 agreed

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

I shut mine off every night to charge. I don't like having to bump charge.

I turn my phone off usually every single day. I like to charge to full and then turn off and finish charging it until its green again. I've always felt like turning a phone (or any electronic) off once a day keeps it running well. Not sure if its a mental placebo or not.

The battery/lack of ac power only is the only thing that holds this phone back. I have a car charger and wall charger so its not as bad for me but I still want another battery that can last a full day without being in the yellow/red at night. If only they could fit those 3500s in the stock case I'd get one.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by corona10 View Post
    Maybe, once a week or so.
    X2.

I never shut mine off and I don't change batteries. With the latest hot-fix and Battery Booster app, my battery is still over 30% when I go to bed at 11:00 PM. I charge it overnight and sometimes charge it in the car when driving. The only time I must charge during the day is if using GPS, otherwise my normal calling, email and web browsing lasts all day on a simple battery charge at night.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast