Push notifications finally on FB!!!

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
For those that DO have push working, go to Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account. Do you see Facebook there (not "Facebook for HTC Sense) and if you do, does it have a green check mark next to it? If you tap on it, does it do anything? I don't have a green check mark there and when I tap on it nothing happens.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
For those that DO have push working, go to Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account. Do you see Facebook there (not "Facebook for HTC Sense) and if you do, does it have a green check mark next to it? If you tap on it, does it do anything? I don't have a green check mark there and when I tap on it nothing happens.

its never highlighted for me. but have you tried going to menu>applications>facebook and clear cache and unistalling updates and reinstalling? might work. my droid inc has worked great with push notifications but not well with chat, i get an icon on my notification bar but no sound or vibrate. i have noticed this is wide spread with the chat

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Those of you getting push notifications, can we go through the settings on the Facebook app?

Here is what I have, and I'm NOT getting push notifications:

Refresh interval: 2 hours
Notifications: Checked/Active
Friend requests: Checked
Event invites: Checked
Vibrate: Not Checked
Phone LED: Checked
Notification ringtone (don't think this matters but whatever): Ascend

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
its never highlighted for me. but have you tried going to menu>applications>facebook and clear cache and unistalling updates and reinstalling? might work. my droid inc has worked great with push notifications but not well with chat, i get an icon on my notification bar but no sound or vibrate. i have noticed this is wide spread with the chat

Yep, just tried that, still no push...

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I get no notifications. I do get my email telling me someone posted on my wall. Is there some setting you have to do??? I can't find any.

On DInc with 2.2

*update: I have cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled.. Still no notifications. I wonder if there is some setting on the Facebook website you need to turn on.

Last edited:

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If there was push for everything, then why isn't there an option for it? It still gives you the interval setting. The only update that got pushed to me was chat.

This is for the official FB app, btw.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If there was push for everything, then why isn't there an option for it? It still gives you the interval setting. The only update that got pushed to me was chat.

This is for the official FB app, btw.
the "interval" is for the phone to update the timeline. The setting to either get notifications or not is the only setting otherwise. You either get push notifications or no notifications basically

queenbee808

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Notifications were working fine for me when I did the updated.. Then I noticed notifications stopped the later part of yesterday.. Now there back working again.. Does anyone know why this is happening??

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Probably just problems on Facebook's end. Facebook is synonymous for having notification/chat issues every now and then. I've learned to live with it and do my best to ignore it.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm having intermittent problems... I'll get notifications for everything for a few hours and nothing other hours... I have 2.2 and I don't get it... S'ever...

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is really sad for the android community.. An application that doesn't have push notification. I hope somebody fix this soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie