I am using handcent to get my messages. I am on the run and wish I could look at home screen and see how many text messages I have waiting for me if any. Is there a way to have Handcent icon show me how many unopened messages I have? I would prefer not to use the notification bar as it seems to get filled up fairly quicklet. Thanks Forum buds.
    12-17-2010 10:19 AM
    I am using handcent to get my messages. I am on the run and wish I could look at home screen and see how many text messages I have waiting for me if any. Is there a way to have Handcent icon show me how many unopened messages I have? I would prefer not to use the notification bar as it seems to get filled up fairly quicklet. Thanks Forum buds.
    Ive never tried NoLed on any other phone but i imagine it would work. NoLed has a little envolope that bounces around the screen and has a number next to it letting you know how many unread messages you have, you could try that.
    12-17-2010 10:23 AM
    If you add the icon as a widget it should show you the # of unread messages you have. It does for me
    12-17-2010 10:26 AM
    use the handcent widget instead of putting the app on your home screen. it actually puts a green dot on the app with a number showing you how many
    goalstopper12 likes this.
    12-17-2010 10:27 AM
    Yup. The small widget. I use it.
    12-17-2010 10:49 AM
    thank you all I will try that- Forum comes to the rescue
    12-17-2010 11:24 AM
    I get them every now and then along with my Gmail and phone icons being notified. So it does work....just when it wants to. I wish all the icons would show the message/number count. Seems to be the only bug I experience on this phone. I'm stuck with using the notification bar until I find a fix for it.
    12-17-2010 11:36 AM
    It worked you guys are the bomb!!
    12-17-2010 03:14 PM
    I thought handcent did it by default. When I had it it would show messages on lock screen. One thing I miss about it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
    12-18-2010 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD