1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Handcent Notification- number of Messages

I am using handcent to get my messages. I am on the run and wish I could look at home screen and see how many text messages I have waiting for me if any. Is there a way to have Handcent icon show me how many unopened messages I have? I would prefer not to use the notification bar as it seems to get filled up fairly quicklet. Thanks Forum buds.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by jaybro0813 View Post
    I am using handcent to get my messages. I am on the run and wish I could look at home screen and see how many text messages I have waiting for me if any. Is there a way to have Handcent icon show me how many unopened messages I have? I would prefer not to use the notification bar as it seems to get filled up fairly quicklet. Thanks Forum buds.
    Ive never tried NoLed on any other phone but i imagine it would work. NoLed has a little envolope that bounces around the screen and has a number next to it letting you know how many unread messages you have, you could try that.
    A Dude

Global Posts
    897 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz / CM10

If you add the icon as a widget it should show you the # of unread messages you have. It does for me

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

use the handcent widget instead of putting the app on your home screen. it actually puts a green dot on the app with a number showing you how many
    Thanked by:
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Yup. The small widget. I use it.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

thank you all I will try that- Forum comes to the rescue
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

I get them every now and then along with my Gmail and phone icons being notified. So it does work....just when it wants to. I wish all the icons would show the message/number count. Seems to be the only bug I experience on this phone. I'm stuck with using the notification bar until I find a fix for it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It worked you guys are the bomb!!

I thought handcent did it by default. When I had it it would show messages on lock screen. One thing I miss about it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.