1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingerbread on Dink

I haven't seen much talk here about Dinc and Gingerbread, but someone is working it:

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by cshell View Post
    I haven't seen much talk here about Dinc and Gingerbread, but someone is working it:

Look in the ROMs and hack,.now with v4 it can be a daily use its very nice and fast . Its crazy how bad this rom was before. Great stuff from wedodroid
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Its also on Android Central's homepage.

Sent from my Droid Incredible because I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer.

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

I ran it for a day, very stable for what works, which is most things besides gps, i just don't care for AOSP so I went back to Myns 2.2. Once a sense version drops, I am all over it. If you like AOSP, this is almost ready for prime time, and can be a daily driver as of now.
    fillyo
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on CM10

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1 Chevyno1 1.0 ulv

Running it now, and have been for most of the day. It works great. Loving it. There are still a few kinks to work out, but for the most part has been pretty stable and works great for me. It was well worth the risk.

Sent from my Htc Incredible using Tapatalk
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 on Moto Droid
    [Kernal] Chevyno1 7-slot 1.0 ghz Ultra LowVoltage
    [Recovery] CWM

Does anyone know if this fixes the google "unkown artist" issue with wma files?

So, i'm new to the Android world. What is "Gingerbread" and is it a must have on my DInc?

Quote Originally Posted by neuftearia View Post
    So, i'm new to the Android world. What is "Gingerbread" and is it a must have on my DInc?
    People are "rooting" their phone and installing an un-official version of Andriod 2.3 (Gingerbread). If you don't feel comfortable rooting your phone, you'll probably want to wait for the official release which will be pushed out to your phone automatically. (Q1 2011??)

So, is it a must have? Now, no...in the future you'll get to upgrade.

By unofficial I mean that it isn't officially supported on our phones yet...not that the OS release isn't official.
    Banned

ROM
    My roms (link in sig)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...er-v-01-a.html

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I can wait for the official release. I want the bugs fixed.....hopefully
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by neuftearia View Post
    Gingerbread is Android 2.3 (the DI originally came with 2.1 eclair, and was later upgraded to 2.2 Froyo).

All Android releases are named after sweet desserts (in alphabetical order)

1.5 Cupcake
    1.6 Doughnut
    2.0/2.1 Eclair
    2.2 Froyo
    2.3 Gingerbread
    2.4/3.0 Honeycomb
    Then the next is rumored to be Ice-cream, etc

Right now the only phone that has Gingerbread is the Nexus S. Nexus 1 will probably get it next, followed (a month or so later) by any number of higher end Android phones (including the DI) that have the hardware to support it and a carrier who wants to release it.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by sivartk View Post
    People are "rooting" their phone and installing an un-official version of Andriod 2.3 (Gingerbread). If you don't feel comfortable rooting your phone, you'll probably want to wait for the official release which will be pushed out to your phone automatically. (Q1 2011??)

So, is it a must have? Now, no...in the future you'll get to upgrade.

By unofficial I mean that it isn't officially supported on our phones yet...not that the OS release isn't official.
    Thanks. That that cleared it up for me.