Swype Not "Swyping"

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I turned my phone off earlier today, and when I turned it back on after 2 hours or so, I noticed that Swyping does not work. I have to resort to touching each key individually and "typing". Is this a known bug or something?

By the way, it is my first restart in about 3 weeks (lol).

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I turned my phone off earlier today, and when I turned it back on after 2 hours or so, I noticed that Swyping does not work. I have to resort to touching each key individually and "typing". Is this a known bug or something?

By the way, it is my first restart in about 3 weeks (lol).

change the keyboard to any other using input method type, then change back to swype .. that should work

Reactions: keebz

Doragg

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me too. I didn't think reselecting swipe worked so I've been uninstalling keyboard and running the installer. I'll try reselecting it again. It seems to glitch out everyday for me.<3 beta

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This also started to happen to me yesterday after working flawlessly since I joined the beta a couple of weeks ago. I do not see any updates in the installer like I did a few days ago. I also reinstalled it using the less memory beta version with just English and Spanish language. So I am not sure why this is happening but it has been acting strange the past couple of days.

kenjd

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
So I followed the instructions on AC to get the smaller version. Clicked update on the installer but I still seem to have the10 MB version. Anyone know how to get the English/Spanish only version?

wishka233

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
So I followed the instructions on AC to get the smaller version. Clicked update on the installer but I still seem to have the10 MB version. Anyone know how to get the English/Spanish only version?

Did you uninstall swype first? Thats what I had to do and when i reinstalled I was given the option for both.

Doragg

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
This thread reminds me of dora the explorer... Swyper stop swyping. Lol.

anyways, wanted to say that selecting stock keyboard and then reselecting swype worked for me.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
change the keyboard to any other using input method type, then change back to swype .. that should work

This worked for me, thanks. Unchecked Swype checkbox in phone Language & Keyboard settings, then went to the Swype Installer and chose "Select Swype". Weird bug.