Contact list in SMS/MMS texting

essea

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I did some searching and couldn't find an answer for this, so I hope it's not a repeat and apologize if it is.

When I go to compose a text in the standard Sense text widget (I tried handcent and didn't like it), I tap the "compose" pencil icon. When I then go to enter the address, either by typing the name or by tapping the little person icon to get a contact list, I'm presented with a list of everyone I've ever emailed ever in my life. I very much need this not to happen. Is there any way to turn this function off so that I just see the contacts that I have created/saved in Gmail and the phone? It is very, very important that, say, perhaps, when I may have had a few adult beverages that I don't, for example, accidentally send inappropriate messages to my boss from three years ago, or a contact at a company where I applied for a job, or similar.

In addition to the potential for career suicide, it's just plain aggravating to have to scroll through a list of everyone I've ever emailed in the past 8 years just to find the name of a friend I text frequently.

Thanks for your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay