How did HTC join the "Droid series?

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I am just wondering how did HTC join the Droid series I thought they were just a Moto phone series. If not when is the Samsung Droid S coming out lol. Hey that may be the 4G Samsung phone that is speculated.:p

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey, how stable is the Gingerbread build you are using? And what do you think, based on what your using, will be incorporated in the official RUU from Verizon/HTC?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Gingerbread is very stable build on the Inc, currently your unable to take videos and have a few issues with some app but besides that its great.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jowlah

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Thanks. I am one who likes the official updates and don't root. So I will have an idea when the Droid Incredible gets it in due time.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe nothing is better than a pure android experience..and this GB rom is as pure as you'll ever get. Its lightning fast battery is great. The camcorder issue isn't a big thing I have an HD camcorder I use for videos. The GPS is a little quirky but it works. I love gingerbread its a great improvement over froyo. The black and orange is really cool and the shortcuts are even better. So imo its worth rooting and not waiting for manufactures to push out an update

Last edited:

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll hold off until a Sense Gingerbread ROM is released. I like pure Android, but Sense has a few features that I'm not sure I want to give up.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Tried GB today and went back to Sense for the extra home screens and "Scenes" (I use different Scenes a lot). I'll probably be on a new device by the time hTC ports it to the Inc officially, not that I'm complaining they are slow. That Thunderbolt may be in my future.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Tried GB today and went back to Sense for the extra home screens and "Scenes" (I use different Scenes a lot). I'll probably be on a new device by the time hTC ports it to the Inc officially, not that I'm complaining they are slow. That Thunderbolt may be in my future.

I doubt the Thunderbolt will launch with Gingerbread, although it will probably get an update pretty quickly. I know that spec list said Gingerbread, but as everyone is saying, that list seems a little too good to be true.

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
What are you guys talking about? Droid is a Google branding for their OS. HTC, Samsung, and Mototola are all independent phone manufacturers whose phones operate Droid OS (as well as Windows Phone 7). HTC's first Droid phone was either the Eris or the Desire (can't remember) but they have never been affiliated with Moto....

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
No, the Google OS is "Android" The term "Droid" is a copywrited term by Lucas Entertainment applied to robotic characters in Star Wars. Verizon licences the term to promote a select group of its Android phones. This is why Sprint and T-Mobile do not have devices called "Droid..." as their official names.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Cordoni is correct - the word Droid is licensed by Verizon for use on some phones. I'm betting there is a buy in from the OEM to be a "Droid" phone because all the Non Droid devices have been Bingified. (shudder)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699