Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how 2 save pics from facebook 2 ur phone

I searched for this to see if it was already discussed somewhere & nothing came up.

I used to be able to download pics from my facebook & save them to my blackberry to be used as wallpaper or to just save them to the phone.

I cant figure it out on my DInc. Is it possible?
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Its not possible with the app but if you use facebook on your browser it will work.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was trying to figure it out in the browser but I don't see how.

When I'm on the page with the picture I want, I go into menu>more but I don't see anything about saving a picture.

When I go into menu>more>settings there is nothing there.

Can you point me in the right direction?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

try to long press on the picture you want and some option will pop up.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnark View Post
    I was trying to figure it out in the browser but I don't see how.

When I'm on the page with the picture I want, I go into menu>more but I don't see anything about saving a picture.

When I go into menu>more>settings there is nothing there.

Can you point me in the right direction?
    You need to long press over the image to copy or save it.

Default Re: how 2 save pics from facebook 2 ur phone

I have the same question - for an LG Optimus phone. The "long press" method does work I think on pics that are attachments on email, but not FB pics !!

We have found that a long press on FB pics just enlarges the pictures

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

If using Friendcaster you can press menu and save the image.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

if your using the browser look for "see full image" or something like that, should save it to your downloads.

Yep, in browser, mobile version or full version, just long press on pic and you get several options....

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

After you long press you should get options to save the image and even set as wallpaper.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how 2 save pics from facebook 2 ur phone-uploadfromtaptalk1321415927436.png  
    SmartPhone History
    iPhone 3G/3GS, X10, Captivate, D2 Global, Dinc

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Wow and I just noticed this was a resurrected thread lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    SmartPhone History
    iPhone 3G/3GS, X10, Captivate, D2 Global, Dinc

What I did was I tapped the little options by the Home button on my phone and then I tapped on Share. I tapped whatever messenger I was using and then I had it sent to my phone. I just typed in my number and it sended it to my phone. Then, I tapped and hold the picture and saved it to my SD card. Hard to explain.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Well since were necroing this I wanna post my findings. Go to android market, and download the google app "Androify" now in your facebook app the one you have to download not HTC sense version when you click on a picture to view it hit menu. theres an icon that says "set as" when you click it it will give you an option "Gallery Photo" with the same icon as the "Androify" app. click that and it will dl it to your gallery. I erased the "Androify" app from my phone and the option was no longer there. then I re installed it and it was back again. See if it works for you. I have the new facebook timeline not sure if that affect it, but it shouldn't.
    Thanked by:

There is an app that lets you Save via the Share function. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Dcuc2F2ZWFzIl0.
    Thanked by:
    tritontr21 likes this.

Free app lets you save images in Fb on android phone in folder of your choice.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ZXdpdGhhZHMiXQ..

Save any photo from Facebook on your Android smartphone with this cute app.

Pro version released on Amazon AppStore and SlideME.org

No more Ads whatsoever and Direct Save, save photos without leaving Facebook app.

Facebook Image Grabber v1.1.1 RLT

[/CENTER]
    Last edited by Cheng Sokdara; 11-28-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Ive tried all the above and nothing works please help i have a samsung gaxaly s3

im using galaxy s3. It doesnt work in facebook app but if you use the browser (on your phone - I realise some of you are still confused) , tap the image and there should be a download option. This worked for me
    Thanked by:

share the photo to snapseed ..... and in snapseed press the save to phone icon.....

As somebody said before all you have to do in order to save time and all these steps is download the app Androidify... once its installed you long press on the picture and hit "set as" and then it says "Gallery Photo" with the Androidify icon on it. You hit that and the picture is saved to your gallery, simple as that.

The OP might be using Facebook Messenger, none of these work with that. There's no share option, and only a delete option on long press.

I have a nexus 4 and the long press option works in messaging but not on Fb pics, so I just Clicked on share than hit the messaging icon and texted it to my own number, than did the long press method where you press and hold the picture and it gives you the option to save it, no app required

Guys, suggestions given are not working on MICROMAX CANVAS HD, operates on Android Jelly bean.. I'm neither able to download pics from FB, nor am i able to copy the text from it.. Plz suggest..

Ah.. Got it.. You juz have to click on the "view larger size" option shown just below the image when you open it. Post clicking, download automatically starts...

>Those who weren't able to download the pics, try this.. I'm pretty sure, its surely gonna work, atleast on Jelly bean... Yippie..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast