Accessibility on Incredible

MRTim

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have low vision, and was skeptical about jumping into the smartphone market. I heard some good things about the Android operating system, and was able to find an Incredible for free with renewal of my contract.

So far, I am very disappointed. Hopefully, I can get some pointers here.

First, the TalkBack/text-to-speech: I can only get it to announce headings after i select the item. I would like for it to announce prior to the selection, so that I know if I am pressing the wrong thing PRIOR to making a mistake. Also, the text-to-speech only is reading headings (e.g., "enail") and will not read the body of the window (the email message).

Also, it would help for me to adjust the display settings within apps such as email/gmail. I see white text on a black background MUCH easier than the standard black on white. Is there any way to change this display so I can actually read my email?

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I will be able to keep this thing and not go back to my dinosaur old phone that I could at least see.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
when I am using the voice option I always make sure I am tapped into the body of the email. You can't change the background on email. It is going to be black font on white background .

There is a voice training you can do on your Incredible so it is familiar with your voice tone and annunciation.

Hope this helps you.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
@Jude526,
Where on the Inc is the voice training app? I have found that voice dialing with a wired headset is useless but with training, would likely work much better.
Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital