prob with FB app

astowe2000

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I just joined the Droid world from being an avid blackberry user on Sat. I=For the most part I love my Droid Incredible, but one app I use a LOT is the Facebook app and I have been having problems with it since last night. I try to refresh and it tells me 'an error occurred while fetching data(null)'. I have logged completely out of FB and back in to see if that would fix the problem but it didn't. It actually began working a little earlier today then started doing the same thing again. IDK if it is a FB issue or a Droid issue. Can any1 give me any tips to get this issue fixed? Also on my blackberry I had to delete my cookies and cached items just about daily but idk if I need to do that on the Incredible and if so where do I do this, I haven't found the option yet?
Thanks ahead for your help.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I should have mentioned that I'm getting the same error. Which basically means you can't do anything about it. You have to wait for Facebook to fix its servers.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It's probably not the Facebook servers (although it could be). If you have WiFi turned on, it's you phone disconnecting from WiFI. Just turn WiFi off and turn it back on. It happens to me all the time when I'm at home. I have an older router. If turning WiFi off/on doesn't work, then yes it's the FB servers.

astowe2000

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
thnx every1 for your input-i do believe the problem was w/FB 2 as I am also connected over 3G. It did start working tho so IDK, but can any1 tell me if I need to delete my cookies and cached items and if so how do I do this on the Incredible?